Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Can't ride this afternoon, I've got to charge and bleed my derailleur.
Word! You know how after lifting a reverb you have to re-bleed it? What's going to happen when you tap the derailleur on a rock/branch?

Sram better work on putting a master cylinder in the downtube that feeds their brakes, dropper post and derailleur at the same time. Wonder if Special-Ed is working with them ala Swat box.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Word! You know how after lifting a reverb you have to re-bleed it? What's going to happen when you tap the derailleur on a rock/branch?

Sram better work on putting a master cylinder in the downtube that feeds their brakes, dropper post and derailleur at the same time. Wonder if Special-Ed is working with them ala Swat box.
Please no, they are a serious pain to get a half decent brake bleed out of a bar mounted reservoir.
Can you imagine the orientations you would have to get your frame into to get all the trapped bubbles out. :butcher:
My feedback sports stand is cowering in the corner at just the thought.:fie:

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I love the idea of replacing the friction clutch with hydraulic damping. Right now Sram is afraid to negatively impact shifting or create a clunking noise so their "clutch" is so weak that you get chain slap and need to use a guide. At least with Shimano you can choose your preference. Sram basically hasn't had a clutch since the first year of XX1.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I for one welcome the axle mounted derailleur, and the obvious new standard it will create.
I can't wait to learn what the awesome name the marketing people will come up with for that new standard.

MB2LOL for "Missing B2-Link Optimized Layout" would be perfect.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Coming soon: a sick stepcast 40 that could fit a 29x4.0 tire and weigh 3.8lbs. They could call the tune "buttery parking lot dream" or grip 2 or whatever and have it feel like riding the fluffiest pillow in the world around the parking lot.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I like the shock, I just don't like the pretending that coil shock appreciation is this new thing

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For sure this time it'll be better than tuning one of the thousands of good coil shocks out there that already exist...