Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I ordered from Lordgun out of Italy a few months ago. Worked well. Plus, guns ARE our overlords.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Dude. I know a Canadian that is no longer allowed back in Canada. Good thing his girlfriend here in USA has a house in Costa Rica for him to hang out in

He's good people. Just getting jacked unfortunately.
Do say more.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Further reading on how CRC/wiggle folding is going to fuck up the industry.
I’ve no issue with a giant conglomerate having its pants pulled down, but this could really cause a bottleneck on parts availability as well as see a lot of folk losing their jobs (including Kyle Strait and Sam Hill, who will probably be able to pick up new rides admittedly)
Bond market says alot. Cheap money gone to the high end of town, means the turd dropped in the creek is floating downwards

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I’ve no issue with a giant conglomerate having its pants pulled down, but this could really cause a bottleneck on parts availability as well as see a lot of folk losing their jobs (including Kyle Strait and Sam Hill, who will probably be able to pick up new rides admittedly)
Kyle and Sam could start a bike company making thermoplastic frames?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I guess it's time to start the Ridemonkey bike brand.

I'm thinking a beach cruiser first. Then maybe something even more awesome er.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I guess you can't say anything bad about Trudeau. They'll find you. Kinda scary.
Is that the line he’s telling his girlfriend so he can live in her Costa Rica villa? Nice one. Guy probably just owes some taxes :twitch:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Is that the line he’s telling his girlfriend so he can live in her Costa Rica villa? Nice one. Guy probably just owes some taxes :twitch:
Oh man, shit. You may never know for real. You might actually be on to something....We'll see how this plays out. Could be spicey. :)

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
bikester out would be good news to me. one less swiss competitor

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Rene Benkö, owner and founder of Signa, is a major ******ss. Fucked up a lot over here and was best buddy to our other cluster fuck called Team Türkis and their Heiland Sebastian Kurz.
I'm afraid though, that he will be the last one to have any disadvantages from this whole affair.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
DJ Brandt seems to be the first victim.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
swiss chain. shopping in switzerland is a special island. ppl are super local here and most won’t even shop online.
Does it lead to higher prices or weird availability issues? I know local shops in eastern bavaria are shit. There are a few good ones but jesus 99% of them are e-bike showrooms where you can't even buy a tube. That was quite annoying when I decided to do some road riding where my family lives.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ya, Really bad look. Whoever fucked up and did not do their job with proper full background checks and let that slip through needs a talkin' :butcher: to. :disgust1:
^the speaker (that had invited the vet) did resign soon after, but yeah, bit of an oops there.
We're not doing a whole lot better down here, this week the police caught the owner of the biggest US dollar seller in the black market. He was the grandchild of a Croatian Ustasha.
I think we're comparing apples and oranges here. On the one hand, a politicians home office, 500 miles from where said politician currently lives and works, didn't do their due diligence about the person they were inviting to Parliament and who fought in a war 80 years ago. Essentially, his home office staff didn't do their research* and his Ottawa staff didn't catch the error.

On the other hand a black market money launderer... not really on the same scale.

*they didn't realize that the 'team' fighting Russia in Ukraine 80 years ago was actually the bad guys, and Russia was on our team all that time ago. Hell, I bet the people working at his home office are in their 20s... geopolitical alignment of eastern bloc countries in the 1940s is probably not their forté.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
We're not doing a whole lot better down here, this week the police caught the owner of the biggest US dollar seller in the black market. He was the grandchild of a Croatian Ustasha.
I never known you are Croatian (I'm a moron though). How are the general feelings towards Ustasha now? Since many places in Europe see a resurgence of WW2 and before Fascist organizations but I know Ustashas were on another level.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Sounds like Vitus and Nukeproof USA are shut down immediately.

bigquotes
Today an amazing group of people has been forced to swallow a bitter pill.

Despite exceeding our top and bottom line FY23 goals handily, SIGNA Sports United North America’s bike division has been forced to cease all operations with less than a few days’ notice. This was triggered Monday by a sudden reneging of a binding 150 million Euro equity commitment to SIGNA Sports United N.V.

To say this comes as a shock is an understatement. I haven’t even begun to be able to process this yet.

Culturally and professionally, we created something entirely unique, built on a common passion to earn rider trust. We had the top talent in America in their respective disciplines, and an entirely novel approach to building a commercial enterprise in our vertical rooted in strong values. We made our culture a focus. We empowered and supported each other. We had each other’s backs, our rider’s backs and we moved with speed and conviction. Vitus and Nukeproof were merely steppingstones on the larger path we were building, and the immediate success of those two brands in this challenging environment speaks volumes about this team. And, to think it's all been done in just over a year!

I could not be more humbled and honored to work alongside and learn from each of you every day. I am better for it. Thank you for being awesome.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I wonder if this is the start of the bubble of big investment in our sport bursting? We've seen a lot of outside money pour in and that always perplexed me as this has never been a hugely profitable business

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Sounds like Vitus and Nukeproof USA are shut down immediately.

bigquotes
Today an amazing group of people has been forced to swallow a bitter pill.

Despite exceeding our top and bottom line FY23 goals handily, SIGNA Sports United North America’s bike division has been forced to cease all operations with less than a few days’ notice. This was triggered Monday by a sudden reneging of a binding 150 million Euro equity commitment to SIGNA Sports United N.V.

To say this comes as a shock is an understatement. I haven’t even begun to be able to process this yet.

Culturally and professionally, we created something entirely unique, built on a common passion to earn rider trust. We had the top talent in America in their respective disciplines, and an entirely novel approach to building a commercial enterprise in our vertical rooted in strong values. We made our culture a focus. We empowered and supported each other. We had each other’s backs, our rider’s backs and we moved with speed and conviction. Vitus and Nukeproof were merely steppingstones on the larger path we were building, and the immediate success of those two brands in this challenging environment speaks volumes about this team. And, to think it's all been done in just over a year!

I could not be more humbled and honored to work alongside and learn from each of you every day. I am better for it. Thank you for being awesome.
perfect, a bunch of folk will be scrambling for work two months before the end of the year, what fun. At least the investors escaped unhurt.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Does it lead to higher prices or weird availability issues? I know local shops in eastern bavaria are shit. There are a few good ones but jesus 99% of them are e-bike showrooms where you can't even buy a tube. That was quite annoying when I decided to do some road riding where my family lives.
most stuff in switzerland has a local alternative, but the euro shops also ship and its quite lucrative to shop there as you pay only swiss sales tax (7.7%) if they already invoice the taxes. else the shipper will invoice you an extra fee. stuff in switzerland has of course swiss prices but with swiss wages ppl mostly dont mind. we sell everything at uvp and you get a shit ton of stuff in the stores, everything else comes from main storage next day or via dropshipping from the importeurs. as we specialize mostly im parts and accessoires we are quite immune to all the shit going on. i sell still more bikes than the people before me last year, because im awesome :banana: had sold more than 2022 at the end of august already and still going strong.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I wonder if this is the start of the bubble of big investment in our sport bursting? We've seen a lot of outside money pour in and that always perplexed me as this has never been a hugely profitable business
If it truly is the bubble bursting then PON is probably due a pretty big shake up soon.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Continental Nukeproof is run by Chris Cumming and his family
Team CRC is what you should be looking for... erm... news from

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Pon is what? I'm sleepy today so my brain doesn't recall
PON holdings is one of the “big four” (Trek, specialized, giant, PON) bike companies in the US In terms of sales. They are the owners of Santa Cruz, cervello, cannondale, GT, Schwinn (lol, talk about a fall from grace) and many others in the commuter/hybrid market.