Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Caution: youtuber content ahead

This is good stuff. A town putting money into trails, in a place that otherwise would have none.

Looks like a nice new addition and with more trails to come. Maybe plans for more tech stuff?

Also nice to see how Seth followed through his donations being used to help fund the main jump trail area.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Probably said before, but Bontrager rim strips. Despite the guy at the Trek store giving me attitude yesterday, these work amazing on my chinese rims. Like they were made for them (or like the chinese factory makes the trek rims, whatever...) Better than any tape-job.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I looked on the Canadian Scott site and didn't see them today.

Are the Evo pads different?
They are discontinued? :eek: Luckily my pair is still in good condition.
Looks like they have a plastic kneecap now. For the rest: not sure, @buckoW might know.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nice of Wyn to pick Roger again. His UK sponsor/team Moore Large (E13, Oneal, Box components distributor among other brands) sadly went tits up a few months back

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Works well for roger, but how’s it going to work for the other privateers who have a frame sponsor but not full factory support? (I.e. most privateers)
Wyn posted in the comments saying they can have the bike but aren't obligated to ride it. They can take it and use it for parts etc.

And if they don't use it, they still get all the support.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Self Tune Fork kits-
I'm still too shit a rider to be able to fault my Mezzer but it's nice that somebody makes an upgrade that doesn't replace a whole assembly.

lobsterCT

Monkey
Jun 23, 2015
Really? Saw a dude with a purple/green bike with matching shirt, helmet, shoes and gloves today. All I could think is what a dork.
A few years ago, my wife and I went up to Mass for a weekend, so she could have a birthday party with a bunch of her writing friends. We got there early in the afternoon, in time for me to have a bike ride with the husband of one of my wife's friends, on their local trails, while the ladies caught up and worked in the kitchen, and made a home made sushi feast to have later for dinner.

We were gearing up for riding, and I was in the kitchen to fill a water bottle and chatting with the ladies.

The guy I was riding with had a lime green bike, which was cool, but he had coordinated his entire set of riding clothes and riding pack around it.

He was wearing lime green tights and socks, and full arm length matching green upper, with lime green soccer type shorts over the tights, an orange and yellow vest, a lime green helmet, green tinted sunglasses, and green gloves. The total effect was like a warped caricature of a poison arrow, Kermit the frog.

As he gingerly walked out of the bathroom, onto the hard tile floor of the kitchen, wearing his SIDI clip in shoes, his wife's jaw dropped, and she had an absolutely stunned look on her face. She had been talking to her friends, but had stopped in mid-sentence.

After about a 3 second pause, she looked straight at him, and asked with regard to his clothing choices,

"Are you literally insane?? What the fuck John!"

That isn't even 1% sexy!"

I Don't remember exactly what came next, as I was already dying of laughter, and had to stumble out of the kitchen to the garage to compose myself. I could hear general howling and chaos from the kitchen.

He followed a few minutes later to the garage, and looked a kind of glum, but overall, not too upset by it. He didn't bother to change his clothes.

The trail was pretty meh.

Dinner was great!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A few years ago, my wife and I went up to Mass for a weekend, so she could have a birthday party with a bunch of her writing friends. We got there early in the afternoon, in time for me to have a bike ride with the husband of one of my wife's friends, on their local trails, while the ladies caught up and worked in the kitchen, and made a home made sushi feast to have later for dinner.

We were gearing up for riding, and I was in the kitchen to fill a water bottle and chatting with the ladies.

The guy I was riding with had a lime green bike, which was cool, but he had coordinated his entire set of riding clothes and riding pack around it.

He was wearing lime green tights and socks, and full arm length matching green upper, with lime green soccer type shorts over the tights, an orange and yellow vest, a lime green helmet, green tinted sunglasses, and green gloves. The total effect was like a warped caricature of a poison arrow, Kermit the frog.

As he gingerly walked out of the bathroom, onto the hard tile floor of the kitchen, wearing his SIDI clip in shoes, his wife's jaw dropped, and she had an absolutely stunned look on her face. She had been talking to her friends, but had stopped in mid-sentence.

After about a 3 second pause, she looked straight at him, and asked with regard to his clothing choices,

"Are you literally insane?? What the fuck John!"

That isn't even 1% sexy!"

I Don't remember exactly what came next, as I was already dying of laughter, and had to stumble out of the kitchen to the garage to compose myself. I could hear general howling and chaos from the kitchen.

He followed a few minutes later to the garage, and looked a kind of glum, but overall, not too upset by it. He didn't bother to change his clothes.

The trail was pretty meh.

Dinner was great!

Without thinking I once wore a blue t-shirt while riding a blue bike and I felt like a dork.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my indoor sandals and my T-shirt are both a very similar baby blue today

I feel stylish