Quantcast

thinkin about getting a dog........

Highlander

Chimp
Mar 12, 2002
Berkshires
I flew to Vegas in April, rented a motorhome and drove around UT,CO, and then headed back to the Berkshires...but not before grabbing this big mutt at the Durango Humane Society....
He is the BEST DOG EVER!!!!but I am biased.
He was 4 months old and 35 lbs in the pic...now he is 7 months and 70 lbs...a running, swimming fool! Barks like a big 'ol hound dog.
Go with a pound puppy, they'll be grateful for life.

Frisco

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stinkyboy said:
Don't be so sensitive, you're in The Lounge.

Didn't think I was being sensitive, actually I thought I was pretty much owning you while you were sounding jealous?

stinkyboy said:
Your chicky looks hot, and a drinker. Brace yourself.
:dancing:

lol.. thanks for the advice, I am not quite sure I would have known what to do :rolleyes:

Cheers

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
vallEbikes said:
i heard about labradoodles today, a cross of a poodle and labrador

I know a few people with those dogs. They are great and hypoallergenic since Poodles have hair not fur. A place down here is actually starting to breed them regularly and charging quite a bit.

Go to the Humane Society and get that doggy. If you liked it on line once it jumps in your lap you know you are taking it home with you.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
If you liked it on line once it jumps in your lap you know you are taking it home with you.
i wish i could say that about women.....

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DRB said:
Her hand isn't down your pants SO it might not be your girlfriend. And biggins said she was his girl first......
You can only see both her hands in one picture :eek:

ok Biggins so have you....

Gotten a dog yet,

or

Gone riding today?

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stinkyboy said:
Care to splain the body language here?
Sure that is my buddy Jason trying to be funny as we are all drunk, having a good time and perfectly secure in our manliness. The blonde in the picture is his hot wife.

any other questions?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Look at all that hideous orange and blue those people are wearing. What are you, Illiniois, Syracuse or Clemson fans?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
DNA said:
Look at all that hideous orange and blue those people are wearing. What are you, Illiniois, Syracuse or Clemson fans?
Or for those of you who can read (blue shirt)... a gator's fan?

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Dogs are good companions, I highly recomend using an adoption or rescue agency, I have recently rescued to dogs one a lab/coon hound mix and the other a pharoh hound both are great dogs, that needed the love of a good home.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stinkyboy said:
They call it "being funny" down there huh?
I said he was trying, you can decide if its funny or not.

Hopefully that sight does not bring back horrors of you being
by one of your buddies or something.

If it does, I apologize.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MunkeeHucker said:
I have recently rescued to dogs one a lab/coon hound mix
That has to be a funny dog. If you throw something does he retrieve it or just bark(howl) at it or both?

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Thanks Slugman, obviously wherever DNA went to school, being able to read wasn't a prerequisite. :eviltongu

No, that is the prerequisite for attending UF...all you have to do is be able to drink and you'll have your diploma. ;)

Couldn't resist...Gator fans are usually the most obnoxious group around. Something I could never understand because until Spurrier arrived Florida teams were always mediocre.

I love how this thread went from being about Biggins getting a dog to Mtb Rob's girlfriend.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
For a dog that will easily and reliably run rught behind you as you ride (Blue Heeler).

For a dog that likes to swim (Otter hound).

For a dog to guard your house from burglars, murderers, godzilla, warewolves (irish wolfhound).

For a dog that will make a good doorstop (chow).

For a useless dog that will piss on the floor and lick the crap out of you (Weiner dog)

For a dog that will annoy the crap out of your neighborhood (Beagle).

For a dog that will obey your every command (Standard Poodle)

For a dog that will kick ass in every way shape or form (Lab)

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Thanks Slugman, obviously wherever DNA went to school, being able to read wasn't a prerequisite. :eviltongu
Or recognize an Alligator (right side of the picture...) :blah:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Joe Pozer said:
I love how this thread went from being about Biggins getting a dog to Mtb Rob's girlfriend.
That's becasue people are scared of Biggins being responsible for another life... so lets talk about something else.

:evil:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Joe Pozer said:
No, that is the prerequisite for attending UF...all you have to do is be able to drink and you'll have your diploma. ;)
Ya for being a top 50 public university, and a top 100 university they are pretty slack. I couldnt even get into the school anymore, and I graduated HS with a 3.6 and a 1350 on my SAT.

I couldnt afford my own house anymore, but that is irrelevant

Joe Pozer said:
Couldn't resist...Gator fans are usually the most obnoxious group around. Something I could never understand because until Spurrier arrived Florida teams were always mediocre.
Ya all those SEC championships were boring, good thing he won the National Championship in 96

But you are right we are obnoxious wether we are winning or sucking (like last year). At least we still have a good time :thumb:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Ya for being a top 50 public university, and a top 100 university they are pretty slack. I couldnt even get into the school anymore, and I graduated HS with a 3.6 and a 1350 on my SAT.
Well, that is true of all the state university nowadays. All the schools are so overcrowded...too much demand and not enough space. It was much easier to get into the state schools in the 80's ('87 to be exact). I waited a month after I graduated from H.S. to apply and got accepted to UF, FSU, and UCF. Being a poor sap I ended up staying close to home...

Mtb_Rob_FL said:
all those SEC championships were boring, good thing he won the National Championship in 96

But you are right we are obnoxious wether we are winning or sucking (like last year). At least we still have a good time :thumb:
again, you are probably too young to remember all the crappy seasons UF had before Spurrier got there. Lets just say that if you thought last year was a bad season you probably would've jumped off a roof if you were around before Spurrier arrived. Going 7-4 was considered a great season, I still remember the year they went 0-10...

I'm just messing with ya anyways...my jab was at the way the fans acted before the school started winning. An old sports writer had a great quote about the Gator fans: "they act like they are alabama but have a Vanderbilt tradition."

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
make sure you really want responsibility and all that great stuff before you get a dog. they take up a lot of time and energy (good time and energy) especially if you get a puppy. i love my puppy more than anything, but i find myself having to take her into consideration before i do anything else. of course i consider myself a bad mom if we don't run daily, take time out for training, and play catch and chase, so she takes up a lot of my time.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
golden retriever gets my vote. very friendly and good tempered. mine is the best dog ive had yet, she doesnt even bark.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Jeez, my lame atttempt to tweak the Gator fans sure bombed. I'll try harder next time. :thumb:

Flakey Jake

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Chico
dogs r great, but i think u should already know patience and responsibility BEFORE getting a dog. Or else your gonna be another crappy dog owner with a badly behaved dog.