Quantcast

things @kidwoo likes thread

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Did your boy JJ set off the Palisades avy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Snowmobiling was he favourite hobby, do we need to be concerned?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Actually sat through watching it today on in the background, interesting to know the backstory.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Welding big shit is relatively easy
Yep. I built shit that stood up to a bunch of idiots climbing all over it at burning man eons ago. Fixed things at work that scientist idiots climb all over.

but god help you if you hand me a tig setup and thin metal

We just got some new toys at the office so I'm hoping to change that. Fabricators have gotten so expensive here I convinced my employer to let me do it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep. I built shit that stood up to a bunch of idiots climbing all over it at burning man eons ago. Fixed things at work that scientist idiots climb all over.

but god help you if you hand me a tig setup and thin metal

We just got some new toys at the office so I'm hoping to change that. Fabricators have gotten so expensive here I convinced my employer to let me do it.

Get'er hot and feed a lot of rod

In a moment of complete hubris I patched an irreplaceable fuel tank on my Volvo and somehow avoided leaks and death. Time had thinned the metal it to about 20 gage. I spent several days hammering sheet metal thin enough to be a good test bed to get my settings method dialed in. Decided to go out on top and hang up the mask after that, well short of splatter welding an adapter plate for my home made hitch rack with some flux core. Should probably go inspect for cracks.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That was my intention. I took courses at UBI and at the Miller Factory School.
But a few things happened that made welding my own seem silly as far as a time/money equation, (mostly having a child.).
Never too late.

I’d like to have a studio out in the woods. And there would definitely be a forge and welding section.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Did your boy JJ set off the Palisades avy?

just saw this

might be one of the few he didn't actually cause this time

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
:rofl::rofl::rofl::oops::rofl::rofl::rofl: the :drag::homer: needs to maybe rethink that plan.

*edit*
*laughs hysterically in Delorian*
You just need a 6000USD wrap.
What better way to protect the environment than by using a big piece of disposable plastic?