Quantcast

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Forget that, this is doing it right:

P.S. Turn up the volume.
so is the purpose to go half speed up that hill by overrevving the engine, laying down as much rubber on the road, crossing the center line as many times as possible while showing how much understeer and oversteer that car has? if so then he won!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
so is the purpose to go half speed up that hill by overrevving the engine, laying down as much rubber on the road, crossing the center line as many times as possible while showing how much understeer and oversteer that car has? if so then he won!

Have you ever seen a drifting competition? They aren't doing time attacks. The cars are set up so they break traction as much as they can in order to stay sideways as much as possible. It's not about going fast as much as it's just about controlling a car that is on the verge of no control. I'm sure it's hard as hell. I know that when I used to autocross and my car got pitched a bit sideways I'd panic pretty quick and straighten it up real quick. I can't imagine how hard it is to keep it sideways like that. Lots of skillz.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Have to agree with this.
Video seemed pretty lame.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Have to agree with this.
Video seemed pretty lame.
Sponsored white guy version of "Getto Sideshows"

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Have you ever seen a drifting competition? They aren't doing time attacks. The cars are set up so they break traction as much as they can in order to stay sideways as much as possible. It's not about going fast as much as it's just about controlling a car that is on the verge of no control. I'm sure it's hard as hell. I know that when I used to autocross and my car got pitched a bit sideways I'd panic pretty quick and straighten it up real quick. I can't imagine how hard it is to keep it sideways like that. Lots of skillz.
Yes I have seen them... my opinion (not that it is worth anything to any of you) but... drifting < lame.

I have spent a bunch of time on tracks (mostly karting) but a little doing vscca and autocross as well and don't think much of drifting.