The winner of the 2007 TDF will be:

Who will win this years Tour

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ditka will start the TT in London on Saturday morning, ride all the stages from there and still beat everyone.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
This is what it is being feels like when the jan's thighs get angry and grip the tour de france like it is being small gerbil and the jan is being like a giant german python of doom. Die tour du france, suffocate for angering the mighty pink clad Jan-ness!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Maybe they should split the Tour into classes. The Clean Class and the Doper class. I am not too sure how many Clean classers would show up, but it may be the first time in history that somone who actually respects the sport will win.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It would not surprise me in the least to see Levi spank everyone and take the jersey. All along he's been saying he is "riding into condition" and he must have been targeting the final TT from the beginning. That said, Cadel will probably win, but if Contador finds the motivation - not easy given what has happened - he definitely has the ability to defend.

Regardless, whoever wins will always have to face the questions of whether they won against the best competition. Start with the absence of Landis, Ullrich and Basso and go from there...

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Regardless, whoever wins will always have to face the questions of whether they won against the best competition. Start with the absence of Landis, Ullrich and Basso and go from there...
If they were racing for competition sake, as you suggest, there would not be doping.

They race for the money, fame ETC, hence the cheating.

The winner of the TDF will be more wealthy and famous than they were before they started. so yes, who ever wins the TDF wil truly be the winner, no matter the roll call.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
If they were racing for competition sake, as you suggest, there would not be doping.

They race for the money, fame ETC, hence the cheating.

The winner of the TDF will be more wealthy and famous than they were before they started. so yes, who ever wins the TDF wil truly be the winner, no matter the roll call.

That is a pretty cynical view, but it's understandable. Sure, whoever wins will be better off - but not nearly as well-off or well-regarded if they won with all the best riders in the race and without this mess. And sure, I agree that the "best" riders are the best CLEAN riders, but still.

EDIT: Is Pereiro super wealthy, super famous, etc.?

This transition period sucks, and it will take years for it to shake out. As was mentioned elsewhere, many of the team directors and assistants are former riders who came through the ranks when doping was an acknowledged, systemic approach.