Quantcast

The Stout.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i got a six of ipswich stout today.

i wish harpoon still made their version, that was kickass.

love me a good stout (and porter!)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Had a few Samuel Smith Imperial Stouts last night, first time in a few years. They are fantastic, possibly the best stout on the planet. Comments? Suggestions for a stout that can compare?

Samuel Smith makes some of the best stout I've ever had. I love the oatmeal stout too!

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
xy9---I never knew Stone made an Imperial Stout, gonna have to hunt some of those down.

Narlus---I love the Ipswich Oatmeal Stouts, it's in my top 5 favorite beers.

r464---Was ripping the Weyerbacker IPA's at the Jolly Daryman at Sunday River, good stuff and 9%. I'll keep an eye out for their stout.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming, I sence a serious Stout binge in the near future.:happydance:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Never had any of these stouts... I'll have to check them out.

Fine beer, especially stout is a hobby of mine...

My favorites so far are:

Guinness Foreign Extra (brewed in Asia, West Africa, Caribbean... i.e. the best Guinness)

guinness.com said:
GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout captures our gift to the world: deep, rich and satisfying beer.

Originally brewed in Dublin and first exported in 1802 it’s been brewed locally throughout Asia, Africa and the Caribbean since the 1960s. Here, it’s the undisputed GUINNESS® beer of choice.

Today, GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout is a GUINNESS® world-beater… 40% of the world’s GUINNESS® Beer is a little foreign and has a little extra.
Extra Stout: Export Class

GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout is brewed with extra hops to give it distinctive character and extra shelf-life in warmer climates. It’s an export-class beer for countries with a taste for distinction. Experience it as it was meant to be enjoyed; in a glass or ’as it comes’, straight from the bottle.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/209/752/

Lion Stout
http://ratebeer.com/Beer/lion-stout/3061/

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
yea, sammy smith is hard to beat. although a few that are quite good, especially if you can find them on tap are as follows:
-left handed brewery's milk stout (working on some as we speak)
-young's double chocolate stout
-any kind of stout or porter by bell's brewery (especially the the expedition stout)
-and the bizzare and incredibly unique drinking experience that is goose island's bourbon county stout (it's like motor oil, in a good way)