Quantcast

THE ReaL Friday

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Gardening. Cut down Elder that was leaning on the fence. Planted a Korean fur v icebreaker. And fertilizing for the plants.

Bad allergies today but that’s spring time.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There really isn’t much you can say about wood that won’t end up in the no context.
ie: I put on latex gloves before I hand oil my wood.
I like taking some 40 grit to my wood.

I still have a dolphin to finish carving, I started it a year ago so maybe it has split, should have a look I guess.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There really isn’t much you can say about wood that won’t end up in the no context.
ie: I put on latex gloves before I hand oil my wood.
I believe the correct abbreviation in this instance would be e.g., not i.e., as you are providing an example of a phrase that would likely end up in the no context thread vs. restating the previous assertion about your wood.

For your FYI.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was up early for a 2500 yard swim and I forgot my cell phone. I am too addicted to that god damn thing. Of course logically speaking I can function in life just fine without it, but not having it with me made me feel like something was just off and not quite right the entire time. I stopped by my house to pick it up before heading into the office and now things feel right again.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I believe the correct abbreviation in this instance would be e.g., not i.e., as you are providing an example of a phrase that would likely end up in the no context thread vs. restating the previous assertion about your wood.

For your FYI.

80319915-5190-4549-93E5-441785B42906.jpeg

eg: After using 3 different tools to polish my wood as smooth as I could, I flood coated it in oil. The oil penetrated exactly as I had hoped.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
View attachment 192129

eg: After using 3 different tools to polish my wood as smooth as I could, I flood coated it in oil. The oil penetrated exactly as I had hoped.
After using 3 different tools (e.g. belt sander, sanding block, personal massager) to polish my wood as smooth as I could, I flood coated it in oil. The oil penetrated exactly as I had hoped i.e. a deep and luxurious blanket of oil.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Effing alarm did not go off, still managed to feed the dogs and slam down a triple espresso before dashing out the door. I was only 5 minutes late picking up my first client. Still got everyone to Dialysis on time. Now to eat some food before heading out to pick up the last 9 of 14 transports

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
up in the north georgia mtns for the weekend. rainy and chilly. brought the dogs, who are kinda settled down now. maybe a hike later when we get a break in the rain? but first coffee and bacon and egg sandwiches.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Good day everyone! Got to ride bikes in the woods with mrs junkyard yesterday. It was perfect, although a bit short, but she’s still a beginner and doesn’t want to get wore out. Kid wants to skip some of school today and go skiing so I guess we will do that. Annnnnnd I have coffee so that’s nice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's amusing, because that is where we got the blackberry fritters when we were wandering about the PNW for Spring Break. :D
It's where you get them. Funny story, I grew up 2 blocks from a Winchell's Donuts and it was the only place in town that was 24hr. It went out of business and the city built the new police station there. :rofl:

A trip to Winchell's was a part of every late night drink/smoke growing up. There was always at least 2 cops there and they knew we were neighborhood kids on foot or skateboard.

Heavenly bought out Winchell's but kept the recipes. People rave about the Voodoo bacon bar and it's shit compared to Heavenly.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I've been informed that Easter is this weekend, and I have a brunch to attend and am cooking dinner after that.

Are there any religions who's messiah became a zombie on a week day? Burning a whole weekend day on this is unacceptable, plus I have to find a damn prime rib tonight, I don't even like prime rib.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. House projects today (fixing a toilet, silicone and wood fill baseboards (I know), change a few switches), studying, and bills. I'm going to end up painting the baseboards since the professional cost is $3500 and Wifey would rather have her office cabinets and shelves painted white. Painting baseboards is an easy and skill-less project and I can prep over a few and then paint in a day, so really easy.

Budgeting out the tax return for projects that were done last month, need to be done, and then what's left goes to the 'want to do' list taxes a shockingly long time to prioritize and organize. People that just see the amount there and blow it confuse me. I generally hate getting returns, but at least we're going to try and be smart with it - deck repairs, car tires, Wifey's office, electrical work, etc.

Also having the day off is pretty nice.