Quantcast

The Official Iron Horse Sunday / DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nope.

Just one page of tuning tips. As dw, and the rest of the guys come up with new ideas/parts they all get listed on the first page - I use that as an easily accessible archive in that respect - it's continually updated.

:biggrin:

shfff

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Hi Dave

I have some questions for you regarding the linkage and reducers etc on my 06 sunday worldcup do I post them up here or can I message them to you? I'm not used to this forum stuff!

regards

Sam

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hi Dave

I have some questions for you regarding the linkage and reducers etc on my 06 sunday worldcup do I post them up here or can I message them to you? I'm not used to this forum stuff!

regards

Sam
Heh - I get that sometimes. This is not dw (Dave Weagle), this is another guy who helps out the I.H. boys with all their Sunday related stuff. Dave Weagle goes by his initials here at Ride Monkey which is simply: dw.

Hey - No problem! Just send me a PM with the pictures you have, and we'll see if we can get things sorted out for you.

when will the next batch of linkages come out? is there any way to get a 2006 red link part? just the red piece that all?
I spoke with Mike L. at I.H. and he said new linkage kits are on the way and are about 3-4 weeks out right now.

Does anyone know when the 08 frames will out on sale?

I'm based in the UK.
08' frames will be shipping in approx. 3 - 4 weeks.

Hope this helps.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
:confused:I want to know if the the new 2007 links are compatible with and avalanche chubie...i have a 2005 iron horse sunday frame large with a chubie...will the upgrade to the new links work with my chubie?????????????????????????????????????????

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Except for CCDB and Manitou, everyone else uses the standard 1/2" DU bushing. You'd need different reducers to fit the new links but I'm pretty sure it will fit.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
so is there a way i can get just the red link piece for my 2oo6 sunday wc? only reason i want it is because mine has 2 really deep wear marks from my cable and when i get my frame repainted i would like it to have no wear marks on it

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
I read the 1st page of this thread.. because i wanna know if the double barrel fits the 06 and 07 sunday... well it fits but it needs a sunday tunning...

- Cane Creek/Ohlins Bouble Barrel
NOTE: this shock requires a "Sunday Tune" to work effectively. As of (06') Ohlins has not devised such a tune but may offer one in the future

Do you know if the sunday tunning for the double barrel is available these days? (october 07?) because in the 1st page of this thread says it´ll be offered in the future...

anyone of you have used it on a sunday?

any advice to tune the double barrel? (i have a dhx 5 with a 400 lbs spring, 80% close bottom out, 110 psi in the air chamber, 1 click in in the propedal)

does it worth the money it cost over a dhx 5?

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I don't know that the 10mil hardware will clear the spherical eyelets on the CCDB. The shock physically fits in the frame but the hardware still poses a question.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't know that the 10mil hardware will clear the spherical eyelets on the CCDB. The shock physically fits in the frame but the hardware still poses a question.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
The 10mm hardware will not work with the spherical bushings. Cane Creek does use other (more traditional) bushings to fit the shock to some frames (typically frames with wide reducers) and that setup would probably work.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
The 10mm hardware will not work with the spherical bushings. Cane Creek does use other (more traditional) bushings to fit the shock to some frames (typically frames with wide reducers) and that setup would probably work.
at least in my local shop in chile, they ask for the shock to cane creek and cane creek ask some questions (riding style, rider weight, frame....) so they send the shock ready to install into the frame. for example here in chile there are like 4 double barrels and 1 was installed in a cannondale perp and it doesn´t use the spherical bushings... other double barrel was installed in an intense m3 and it uses the spherical bushings... so i think it depends on the frame but in both situations the shock arrived ready to install....

any other info?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
:confused:I want to know if the the new 2007 links are compatible with and avalanche chubie...i have a 2005 iron horse sunday frame large with a chubie...will the upgrade to the new links work with my chubie?????????????????????????????????????????
The Chubie will work fine and have no clearance issues with the new 07' Linkage. As for hardware - you'll probably need new reducers, but don't hold me to that yet - let me check on it.

As for the Can Creek / Ohlins DB, neither CC or Ohlins plan on offering a "Sunday Tune" for the shock, which is a pity. The issues that test riders were having was not being able to get the rebound fast enough for a good suspension feel.

It IS possible to fit the DB in a Sunday w/o clearance issues - Lars (Iron Horse), Dom(Diablo), and others rode the shock installed on their bike. If you want info for reducers and mounting hardware, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up. Keep in mind that the DB was tested using the original 05'-06' Linkage.

You CAN run the DB on your Sunday - but like dw has said, most shocks are a bit over-damped, and this one in particular is for dw-link application. You won't get full preformance out of the suspension. Does this mean you won't like it on your Sunday? Maybe, maybe not. What we are trying to do here is offer some rider feedback to give everyone useful information in making the decision to buy. The DB ain't cheap, and like Dom found out - if you don't like how it feels - that's a pretty expensive mistake. :(

:huh:
Not gonna have my bills together by then.
I'm off to sell a kidney on the black market.
Hey - Butch, c'mon now... thats no way to talk. Check your PM's. :biggrin:

UPDATE:
I will be updating the main page this weekend with all kinds of new stuff, and a LOT more info. Everything will be catagorized a bit more efficiently as well.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
The Chubie will work fine and have no clearance issues with the new 07' Linkage. As for hardware - you'll probably need new reducers, but don't hold me to that yet - let me check on it.

please check on this...because ive heard that the new links only work with the fox dhx because it uses 10mm harware instead of 12mm...
but you might get better info than me.....that what Iron horse told my bike shop...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle

please check on this...because ive heard that the new links only work with the fox dhx because it uses 10mm harware instead of 12mm...
but you might get better info than me.....that what Iron horse told my bike shop...
actually it is 10mm hardware rather that 8mm or 6mm used on other bikes. I was thinking that avalanche used somethign other than the 1/2" ID bushings used on the fox....but I certainly could be wrong...the width of the eyelet migh tbe different as well.

If the ID na dwidth are the same, the stock fox/I.H. parts will work. If not, you could easily take your avalanche reducers (in the correct overall length for the Sunday) and drill the I.D to 10mm (rather than the 6 or 8mm that they are).

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Dest - I'll have an answer for you by tomorrow.

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
Guys, have some bad news...as it looks we will not have the complete 07/08 link upgrade kits until December. They have revised the lower link for 08 and they wont be ready for sometime. We got shorted on some other parts for the kits but they should be here soon, so 07 basic pivot kits will be available in the next couple of weeks once we get the remainder of the parts in and get them kitted up.

Thanks
Mike
Warranty/Tech support

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Dest - just got off the phone with Mike in CS and he said that unfortunately the Chubie is not compatible with the 07' Linkage Kit.

Are you having any issues with the 05' linkage?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Got a few questions regarding 07 sunday bearing sizes and stickers...

1. Does anyone have a listing of all the bearing sizes in the sunday?

2. Are all of them standard size and readily available (max type with no retainers, I know) except the 2x extended inner race bearings?

3. Are the extended inner race bearings available as a standard bearing (from wherever) or were they custom made by enduro for the sunday? If so can they be purchased alone or do they have to be as part of some expensive kit? Just trying to save a few bucks I guess. Any prices would be great here.

4. Stickers... I heard someone mention 08 stickers somewhere on here, can we get some? Two of us here are planning on getting our frames anodized and would love if there were IH stickers available off the shelf. I like acadian's ones here not sure if they are available from IH or if he got them done himself though. Again prices / pics on whatever is available would be sweet.

Thanks in advance!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Udi - All your bearing needs can be found here:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html

...they sell a Bearing Kit for the Sunday which includes the new MAX-E Extended inner race bearings which are found in the new 07' Linkage Kits.

Seperately the bearings are as follows:

Main Pivot: 6903-2RS-MAX-E

Rear Triangle Low Pivots (connects to back of lower link): 6902-2RS-MAX-E

Rear Triangle Upper Pivots: 608 2RS

Main Pivots (Upper Link): 6902 2RS

All of this info is in the table of the schematic I posted on the main page - gonna make this info easier to find soon... :biggrin:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
4. Stickers... I heard someone mention 08 stickers somewhere on here, can we get some? Two of us here are planning on getting our frames anodized and would love if there were IH stickers available off the shelf. I like acadian's ones here not sure if they are available from IH or if he got them done himself though. Again prices / pics on whatever is available would be sweet.

Thanks in advance!
Yeah - what he said...

gimme gimme gimme

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Thanks for that SKC, yeah I searched the front page but got nothing. Found it this time but really had to dig, just title that link with the word bearing or bearing kit (I was page searching for the word bearing).

This page lists the bearings individually too, so you can just buy the 2 different types of extended inner race bearings seperately (6902 and 6903, MAX-E) and get the rest off the shelf if you want.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id169.html

That complete kit looks cheap enough though thankfully. :)

Anyway, as per the post above - any info on the 08 style stickers would be great. Should I be emailing Mike or something instead?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Thanks for that SKC, yeah I searched the front page but got nothing. Found it this time but really had to dig, just title that link with the word bearing or bearing kit (I was page searching for the word bearing).

This page lists the bearings individually too, so you can just buy the 2 different types of extended inner race bearings seperately (6902 and 6903, MAX-E) and get the rest off the shelf if you want.

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id169.html

That complete kit looks cheap enough though thankfully. :)

Anyway, as per the post above - any info on the 08 style stickers would be great. Should I be emailing Mike or something instead?
Hmmm... I'll give Mike a buzz for you. There are some floating around there, that's for sure - just a matter of tracking them down.

EDIT:
Just spoke with M.J. and he said they are still waiting for the 08' Decal Sheets... not sure when they will come in but usually they start popping up around January... they do have some 07' Decal Sheets left if you wnat those...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
As far as the new lower link for the Vivid is concerned - I've sent some messages out to Mike and Todd, so I should have an answer for you soon.

As for the green Boxxer decals on Sam and Sabrina's bikes - they were custom made by RS.

RS also made some up for Peaty as well in an Olde-English style calligraphy that looks pretty cool.

As far as I know, the new green decals that are on the Boxxers which are part of the new 08 Iron Horse Sunday World Cup complete bikes, are found on OEM forks only - kind of like the mint-green lowers that I.H. asked Marzocchi to make for last year's Sunday Elite.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LoL...

...it's funny you should mention that, because I'll be on a different fork for next year.

Have problems selling a mint-green fork Butch?
:biggrin:

The older 888's were a great fork though - just not suited to my riding style.