Quantcast

The Official Iron Horse Sunday / DW-Link Tech. & Tuning Section

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't know what fox did to my Sunday tuned DHX when they rebuild it in February but it feels a lot more controlled all through the travel. Could just be that it was wearing out at the end of last season.

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
Kits are ready guys...

price is 360$ + shipping

we accept visa or master card, call to order

1-800-645-5477

any questions give us a call or you can email me at MikeL@ironhorsebikes.com

Were in the middle of a move so things are little crazy, Im gonna try to save the kits for last for getting packed up.

Thanks
Mike L
warranty/tech support/CS

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Mike, thanks for the update!

ATTENTION: the First Page has now been updated with the new info about Linkage availability, so you don't have to go hunting through the entire thread.

All important info is located on the First Page in 2 gigantic posts.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
i just threw down for a new set of links, good bye gobs of lateral play in the rear end, stripped out bolts, and crunchy bearings!

suprisingly only 4 sets had been sold when i called, not much of a phone stampede really...

now the bike should be feeling good for the Open

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
Just got my F7 linkage kit today. I am very impressed with the improvements from an ease of use and functionality standpoint. Everything went together nice & clean. There are no instructions but it's pretty self explanatory and the torque spec sheet on the first page of this thread has a nice detailed view. I was so stoked to get them installed that I didn't take detailed shots of the cool new bearings and shock hardware but I was pretty impressed. This is a well designed system. Big improvement and worth the coin IMO. Here is a shot of what you get in the kit.

One thing that I overlooked is that it doesn't come with the required shock reducers. Guess they can't include them as they don't know what everyone is running. Now to source some 10mmx30mm reducers.

MikeL

Chimp
Aug 23, 2006
LI NY
Hey guys, just a heads up, we are right smack in the middle of a move:eek: . I kept the link kits from getting packed for as long as I could but they are PACKED UP and I wont see them for at least 1-2 weeks. I have started a back order list in my outlook and I will contact those who have sent emails once I have access to them again.

I have been getting a lot of questions about pricing, the cost on the kit is 360.00$ + shipping (depends where you are). This includes the new linkages and all pivots and bearings. We do ship international. Shipping varies and I will do my best to get quotes on that as fast as possible. Typically, its somewhere in between the 15-30$ range.

As far as reducers go, I do not have reducers for these...Sorry guys, as stated those come from the shock manufacturers. You will need 30x10 for the new kit :thumb:

Thanks
Mike L
Warranty/tech support/cs

dh_newbie

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
Hong Kong
Did anyone have the experiance to setup the roco on Sunday correctly?
I haven't change the shox oil..could anyone can give me advice?

My weight: 71 Kg
300 lbs spring
2 click on compression

Any advice is welcome! Thanks

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
For 10mm shock hardware, if you drill out your 8mm hardware with a 9.8mm drill bit then you can ream the hardware with a 10mm hand reamer. A 3/8 drill bit might work to, but you will have to be careful on the ream because you'll be taking a 025mm cut. I bought a 10mm hand reamer and drill bit from McMaster Carr.

Hope this helps.

Dave

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
For 10mm shock hardware, if you drill out your 8mm hardware with a 9.8mm drill bit then you can ream the hardware with a 10mm hand reamer. A 3/8 drill bit might work to, but you will have to be careful on the ream because you'll be taking a 025mm cut. I bought a 10mm hand reamer and drill bit from McMaster Carr.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Thanks Dave, I thought of that as well but it worked to be faster to get a set made then to get a set of 8x30 in to mod. Much appreciated tho and I am sure a lot of guys will be able to do this to make use of the F7 linkage right away.

Pce,

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
If by supplied you mean not in stock anywhere, then yeah, they are supplied by the manufacturer. :) I am having some made. Everybody is waiting on Fox who does not have them in stock.
Well great...I ordered some reducers from Fox this morning. Can I assume I ordered the wrong parts?

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I cant find Sunday geo's anywhere. Can anyone help me? I want to see small and med differences. I couldnt find it on the IH web site either.

Jan 10, 2007
east bay
hey guys, Im 5 foot 6 and I really needed a bike but I could only get the medium sunday, I got it and its all built and Im trying to make the best of it. Do you guys think I can get away with it and is there anything I can do to make it feels a bit smaller? thanks!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
hey guys, Im 5 foot 6 and I really needed a bike but I could only get the medium sunday, I got it and its all built and Im trying to make the best of it. Do you guys think I can get away with it and is there anything I can do to make it feels a bit smaller? thanks!
move the seat up on the rails. and adjust your stem do its closer, the direct mounts have a little adjustment

FastTimes

Monkey
Jul 2, 2002
Toronto
I received the pins and spacers I had made for my new F7 linkage kit today. They are super simple and work/fit great.

Bike feels really nice and solid, I am super impressed. Thanks IH for making a past purchase upgradeable and keeping the R&D up. Kudos!

While I am at it, here is the fender I made from a cut-up GT Lobo downtube. When I worked there every single thermo blew up but I always like the material for making neat little bike parts like extended shifter paddles and stuff. It's easy to work with and cut up.

Pce,

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Run the lowest possible bar and stem to reduce hand to foot distance. Remove the headset dust cover and run only 3x silver microspacers. EA70 lowrise bars are great. SIC integrated or Thomson Elite stems are about as low as you'll get, and stick to 50mm.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
so came accross this today. anyone from IH ska todd and peeps, why did you guys switch out the cranks, and wheels and go dust to gloss finish on the 07 teams? and the linkage color, not that any of it matters, haha

sorry about the big picture

Volcomjerk

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Netherlands
I'm in search of such a chainstay coffer with THE/DW-link printed on it.
Anybody got an id where to get one, please shout it out to me.

Ride on, Roy

ps:who know's the seatpostclamp diameter for the sunday?

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I could do with some help with some suggested settings for my Sunday please...

I've used the suggestions in the first link, but i'm having real issues with the shock blowing through all its travel & not ramping up.

It's an '06 Factory frame, with a 5th Elephant, '06 links, upgraded bolts etc if that makes any difference.

I'm probably 185lbs with kit, running a 350lbs spring.

Any suggestions?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I could do with some help with some suggested settings for my Sunday please...

I've used the suggestions in the first link, but i'm having real issues with the shock blowing through all its travel & not ramping up.

It's an '06 Factory frame, with a 5th Elephant, '06 links, upgraded bolts etc if that makes any difference.

I'm probably 185lbs with kit, running a 350lbs spring.

Any suggestions?
Hmmm... the guidelines on the first page are just a starting point - have you tried going with more pressure in the air chamber (120 psi) or increasing the High Speed compression? If you have done all of that and are still bottoming, then I would go with a higher spring rate of 400#.

Eren - the bikes that you see at Interbike (where that photo came from) are not always the final iteration of what the product line whill look like at the time of production. Keen observations, however. :)

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I got the new linkage kit and bearings installed on my 05 Sunday w/ Roco. Thought some of your would like to see some pics. Turns out Fox did get me the right shock reducers and they're first class! As you can see from the pic they are stepped. Within the "step" is a rubber o-ring to seal out dirt. Much nicer than I expected. I was worried the reducers would only work for a Fox shock, but it worked perfectly with my Roco.

The linkage kit went together easy. I used the drawings from the first page of this thread to help me identify which parts went where. The whole thing is waaaay better than the old version. Much simpler and sets up tight, yet smooth. I can even run the compression adjuster on the Roco now!

Sorry, I didn't get any shots of the Fox shock reducer kit. If you need to know exact part numbers, drop me a pm. But the Fox dude knew what I needed when I said "Sunday 2007 Linkage kit shock reducers".

OH yeah, if you're replacing the bearings like I did, be sure you have yourself a nice bearing press. Either bought or make one yourself and be sure it is large enough for the biggest bearings by the BB. Also, do yourself a favor and pick yourself up a socket big enough for the jumbo hex pivot caps. I used an adjustable wrench, but a socket would be much better.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
As a general announcement to everyone, I'm going to compile a list of the reducer kits from Fox and post them up by the end of the week.

Should make things a bit easier.

:)

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
As a general announcement to everyone, I'm going to compile a list of the reducer kits from Fox and post them up by the end of the week.

Should make things a bit easier.

:)
for DHX you need:
2 x Part#213-64-001 - cylinder thru pins
4 x Part#213-56-020 - reducers
4 x Part#035-00-014-A - 0-Rings

and if you need new DU bushings:
2 x Part#003-01-001-A

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
those part #s will work for the roco and fifth e as the dimensions are all the same....Avy is adifferent deal.