Quantcast

The New and Improved Who are you, where do you live, and what do you ride thread.

Da Monkey

Chimp
Oct 4, 2004
Virginia
My name is Greg. i live in manassas va and im 13 years old. i ride on a ellsworth joker and azonic DS-1. I ride mostly urban in manassas so i bought a urban machine! im new here so i dont know how to post pics.

Skillet999

Chimp
Oct 22, 2004
Bugs Bunny, Millionaire, I own a mansion and a yacht

Live: Bethesda
Rides: Ventanna El Torro Blinglespeed, Ellsworth Truth, Lemond Cross bike, '82 Stumpy full rigid fixie
Where I ride: usual MontCo haunts and night rides into DC,
Wish I could: learn to do big jumps like you young guys

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Will
04 Kona (RIP)
05 Transition Dirtbag
SE BMX (belongs to my wife)

Livin in Baltimore, riding at the shed, R.E.L., Loch Raven, Any DH race, and 7courts+495 whenever I can afford another hardtail.
29yo

SomeFear

Chimp
Nov 17, 2004
Stefan
Kona Stinky Dee Lux
24" Cowan
Trek 4500
KX 125 (4 sale)
YZ80 (4 sale)

Son:
Clay
Kona Stinky
Giant DS2
Fly: Defender

We live in Northern VA.. Enjoy two wheels any where.

I'm Ryan from NORCAL Santa Cruz & Humboldt. now i live in eastern north carolina and i am desperatly looking for people to go freeriding and downhill with. I have a 2002 24 bicycles le toy 3 and a 2002 turner DHR. my le toy 3 has a 2004 5 inc single crown fr fork. marzzochi. and my DHR has a 2005 888 works and a 2005 fox dhx 5.0. If you are serious about riding mountains and building freeride stuff in the mountains let me know. I'm going to asheville nc this weekend and i go to snowshoe wv a lot. and i am not too stupid to ride my hardtail up the mountain then ride it down, but you may see me push a bit because it is pretty heavy for a hardtail. Spread the word please. That i am serious about riding, it is my therapy. ok thats it . bye. if you want my contact info let me know.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
scmnorcal said:
I'm Ryan from NORCAL Santa Cruz & Humboldt. now i live in eastern north carolina and i am desperatly looking for people to go freeriding and downhill with. I have a 2002 24 bicycles le toy 3 and a 2002 turner DHR. my le toy 3 has a 2004 5 inc single crown fr fork. marzzochi. and my DHR has a 2005 888 works and a 2005 fox dhx 5.0. If you are serious about riding mountains and building freeride stuff in the mountains let me know. I'm going to asheville nc this weekend and i go to snowshoe wv a lot. If you want to e-mail me its***********or if you are really interested please call me at ********* and i am not too stupid to ride my hardtail up the mountain then ride it down, but you may see me push a bit because it is pretty heavy for a hardtail. Spread the word please. That i am serious about riding, it is my therapy. ok thats it . bye.

might want to pull your personal info off of here or you're going to be added to every telemarketers and spamers call list in the country...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Whats up?
My name is Ryan and I live in Columbia, MD
Im 16 years old
I ride a Cannondale Jekyll at this time.
I usually ride Patapsco or street, but Gambrills is cool

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Keywords: DC, World Bank, environment policy, downhill
What? Steep rocky mainlines plus other forms of biking in support.
Where? Mtn Creek, Shed, Elizabeth Furnace, Sherando, H-burg.
When? Weekends mostly and during periods of unemployment.
How? Big bikes and maneuverable little bikes.
Other: operate MTB Korea; my adopted hometown is Seoul, which has some of the best steep tracks anywhere: www.angelfire.com/ga/achamtb.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
im greg i live in columbia
i ride a gt ruckus yea i know ur jealous lol
i ride urban afterschool and ive rode the shed once and potapsico a lot
ill post a pic if i ever get a digital camera

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
fonseca said:
Who are you? Travis
Where do you live? Richmond VA
What do you ride? Titus Switchblade, Jamis Dakar, couple'a old HTs
How old? 26

Finally graduating from VCU, former student at JMU, and going for both the most years in college and most declared majors records. :D

I may have you beat on this one, my friend.

I'm scott...Radford Univ. ('94-'95), NOVA ('95-'96), VA Tech ('96-'97), and JMU ('99-'03). Eight years, four schools and six majors.

You have no idea how proud my parents are.

Oh yeah....from Springfield (now in CA) and ride a Banshee Chappy.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
VA2SLOride said:
I may have you beat on this one, my friend.

I'm scott...Radford Univ. ('94-'95), NOVA ('95-'96), VA Tech ('96-'97), and JMU ('99-'03). Eight years, four schools and six majors.

You have no idea how proud my parents are.

Oh yeah....from Springfield (now in CA) and ride a Banshee Chappy.

you sure you don't mean how BROKE your parents are? lol

although with six majors i imagine you should be able to make up all that debt fairly quick.

i'm Sam.
orginally from Staunton,VA; i made a smart choice and moved to Snowshoe.
currently riding a Giant DH Team,next season i'll be on a Sunday or M3.

oh yeah,it sucks here.i encourage no one to ever come to Snowshoe.ever.just let me deal with how sh¡tty it is.

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Who are you? Andy Mullins
Where do you live? Wise, VA
What do you ride? Jamis Dakar Sport
How old are you? 26
Where do I ride? Usually I head to Tennesse for good trails. I'm not far from Damascus so trails there are always an option. Warmer weather will have some trips to WNC.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yellow! I'm Mike. I live in Greenseboro, NC(close enough, eh?)I'm 19 years old and go to UNC-Greensboro.
My bikes are:
~Intense Spider (23.4 pounds, to be exact)
~DMR Trailstar (trailpimps, bones, fox vanilla, etc)
~GT Power Series 1.0 (never ridden)
~Giant TCR one (the workhorse)
~Yahama YZ 125 (edit:YZ139!!) :eek:

proglife

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Annapolis, MD
I'm James.

I live in Annapolis.

I have a Cove Stiffee.

I haven't ridden since I graduated from Frostburg a few years ago. I plan on it this year, hence my post.

bkbassplayr

Chimp
Nov 23, 2004
Columbia, Maryland
hey im steve... im 16 and live in columba md... i ride a cannondale chase and a giant rainier... i ride mostly urban around here and trail at patapsco... my pic is the same as bballboy388's avatar, except its me on the bike (same stair set)

I'm Dan.

Ride a CDale Jekyll and a Kona Stinky Dee-Lux modified.

Live in both Maryland and North Central NJ, about 40 minutes from Mtn Creek and 2.5 hours from Plattekill. So those are where I mainly ride downhill. XC in Maryland at the shed (haven't been in almost a year) and NJ at Ringwood, Round Valley and Various others.

And 4-wheeling Up and down the east coast.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
damn, this has gotten larger since last year...

I'm still Jason...but I'm 26 now

I still ride a cove g spot and a gt bmx

as well as a chase (thanks to Castle)

another bike is in the works as well

I still live in Blacksburg but...

I work at Virginia Tech now instead of going to school there. If you must know...as a network operations technician.

WuTang

Chimp
Mar 25, 2005
Fort Lauderdale
Hi everyone! I'm Mike from South Florida. I'm riding a 24 Bikes Letoy4 right now. Will be coming up to Maryland in May and hope to meet some of you.

pntballpunk51

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
clifton *CPT REPRESENT*
I'm Brandon. I live in the Clifton/Centreville area (LRR) in Virginia. I ride a .243 on 24 inch rims with an '03 Sherman Slider. I'm turning 16 in a month, feel free to P.M. me if you want to ride the secret trails of my area :evil:

a ward

Chimp
Mar 26, 2005
fairfax,va
A Ward, Fairfax, VA.,

05 Bullit for DH,
04 Blur for XC,
Suburban 853 DS/Mtn-x/occasional BMX,
Suburban 4130 for Trials/DS/Mtn-x?BMX,
DK Legend for BMX.

Always looking for new places to ride. Slalom-ish trails, jumps, etc. Peace.

burpBruup!

Chimp
Dec 6, 2001
va
jay from elizabeth city nc. ride mostly dirt jumps in my backyard. on azonic ds1 and a sikk toys 107 mini. mountain biking sucks out here its all flat and swampy.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hi, I've been posting on here for a while but I never bothered to introduce myself. How rude of me!

My name is Dave. I'm 32. I live in Annapolis. I'm married. No kids. 2 cats and a dog. I've been riding since 1991. I've got 2 bikes right now; a Soulcycles titan for urban hacking and general freeriding and an older than Jesus Marin that I have recently converted to ss that I ride on the local trails.

Here's a couple of pictures:

The Titan:

The Titan in action:

And I'm not afraid to cross-dress in the rain: