Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have the same watch. Didn't know I could have current temps on it. Probably should have read the manual.
It records temps two ways, one way is an internal sensor, which basically just tells you how warm your hand is, the other is it can interface with an ANT "Tempe" sensor, that you can place anywhere. I zip-tie it to the seat tube near the BB.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
4D10F949-EFD0-42D5-86A9-1EC288D1B827.jpeg
E038828F-9C59-4D70-8DBA-C5010BDFE064.jpeg

Trying to get in as much as possible with the little one before the conditions turn. Guy is a champ pedalling up all these hills.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Thought the local stuff would be too mushy ( crap ton of rain Friday night/Saturday) so did the ride from home mellow trail combo. They weren't bad. High winds and sun today mean they ought to be primo for tomorrow and Tuesday.

IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1958.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Where dat?
BTW its mostly perfect and dry, no snow. Some slick spots but not too bad. :thumb:

It was my first time riding there. Lots of fun and great signage club feel. Having a brewery/winery at one end of the trail system sure is nice, too.

And much friendlier riders than around Toronto (looking at you Durham).

How far are you from there?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
BTW its mostly perfect and dry, no snow. Some slick spots but not too bad. :thumb:

It was my first time riding there. Lots of fun and great signage club feel. Having a brewery/winery at one end of the trail system sure is nice, too.

And much friendlier riders than around Toronto (looking at you Durham).

How far are you from there?
About 45 minutes. I'm pretty much equidistant between the Pines in Woodstock and Turkey Point. At TP, I"m usually on the other side, on the north side of the Provincial Park in the Fish Hatchery area. Don't know the bottom stuff as well by the winery, I really should get out of my rut and ride the bottom stuff more.

Ya, TP has awesome signage, now that it seems to be staying put without the vandalism that occured when it was first installed. :You can easily get turned around in that place, but a short pedal pretty much any direction will bring you to a well marked intersection. If that don't help, bring up the interactive trail map. The TPMBC have done an awesome job all the way around.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About 45 minutes. I'm pretty much equidistant between the Pines in Woodstock and Turkey Point. At TP, I"m usually on the other side, on the north side of the Provincial Park in the Fish Hatchery area. Don't know the bottom stuff as well by the winery, I really should get out of my rut and ride the bottom stuff more.

Ya, TP has awesome signage, now that it seems to be staying put without the vandalism that occured when it was first installed. :You can easily get turned around in that place, but a short pedal pretty much any direction will bring you to a well marked intersection. If that don't help, bring up the interactive trail map. The TPMBC have done an awesome job all the way around.
Next time I'll definitely be checking out that other side. We parked right in the middle on mole road, so had to decide one or the other - seemed like a bunch of the east/north trails were closed for hunting so we opted to go the other way. Just nice and flowy trails.

Was thinking about the Pines as well. Is that covered in snow?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Next time I'll definitely be checking out that other side. We parked right in the middle on mole road, so had to decide one or the other - seemed like a bunch of the east/north trails were closed for hunting so we opted to go the other way. Just nice and flowy trails.

Was thinking about the Pines as well. Is that covered in snow?
Pines is a bit of a slushy mess atm.
I have not been out in a couple of weeks, it was too much for non-fat and a bad elbow.
Spoke with a buddy and he was out Thursday on mid-fats and he said he was putting the full fat minions on.

Hunting restrictions at TP are over this week I think. Apparently they are building a new trail out the far east side that looks like it may be interesting. Suppedly, some features, like hips, a couple of tables, chutes etc. Just may have to go exploring later this week if the weather holds and my elbow cooperates.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Dumps of rain Friday night into Saturday. Sunny with high winds on Sunday. I was overly optimistic about conditions for Monday.

IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Most of you bastards live in place with better trails and nature than what the Copenhagen area has to offer but still any day biking is better than off the bike. Rode second day in the row and mud was sticky and slow today so I was really tired today at the end. Also took a chance on some roots that did not pay off and had to bail mid drop as some kid was standing in the only place to land but I survived both.

mudder bike.jpg

In case anybody wondering besides the bike pointing downwards I have long legs and short upper body/arms. So old school 2014 geo is perfect for me. Went up 10 psi in the rear today and backed off compression and I think the bike rode better.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Road ride today... brisk, windy, dark. A little sun wouldn’t hurt... only been 3 weeks!
372ED5FA-E042-4539-B07A-B612FD640199.jpeg
9169F8D4-1D2F-484B-9828-0C379997C450.jpeg
BCC519AA-8BC7-4A07-823E-226CDB592ABA.jpeg