Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Glorious day for a ride today

on the way up
View attachment 152365

at the first top
View attachment 152366

scoped out a new line. as usual, doesn't look as steep in picture as it really is
View attachment 152367

unfortunately, I never made it there on my loop as I fucked my shoulder in a fucking climb. fuck. I had just cleared a step up gap that had been messing with my mind for at least 3 years (it's not huge, but big enough, maybe a 8 to 10' gap, and a 2' step up). About 100 yards after that, there's a little climb. I slipped out going up a step that it's a turn, and I think I pulled a muscle deep in the shoulder. I was able to climb back up to the top of the mountain and ride the "flow" trail back to my car, but I can't really pull up, so it was pretty sketchy.

Still, it was an awesome ride, and I'm super stoked I cleared the gap. In the end, it was super easy, so I'll be hitting it up regularly on my loop now. :brows:
That looks awesome. Gotta get there one day.

Sucks getting an injury going up! At least you got out easily though. We saw a dude walking out of the forest, arm tucked into his jacket.

I blame it on the rigid fat bikes they were riding. :busted:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yup, that’s still there although looking a little worse for wear from that pic!

The trails have had quite a lot of work done since then though, there was a bit of a mini renaissance that started maybe three-four-ish years back, and now there is near fulltime improvements happening. @DaveW probably knows better than me. It’s freaking awesome anyway. There are not only quite a few more trails since back then but nearly all of them have been given significant improvements, more features and just like better berms, jumps, and important stuff like drainage done better. Makes me happy.

Today was my first time riding the revamped Peak Flow — it got finished a few weeks back but it’s rained a lot since then, plus busy life... It’s quite an old trail and had got quite rutted and rocky (I actually liked that), but now far smoother again and littered with tables and doubles and much improved bermage all the way down to live up to its name.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
That looks awesome. Gotta get there one day.

Sucks getting an injury going up! At least you got out easily though. We saw a dude walking out of the forest, arm tucked into his jacket.

I blame it on the rigid fat bikes they were riding. :busted:
I blame it on my winter shoes. They're not full-on winter shoes like the Wolvhammers, but the sole is thicker and taller, so I couldn't feel what the bike was doing under me as much. I had to raise the saddle a 1/4", and I felt all discombobulated on the bike. It's weird how sensitive we can be to such minimal things...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had not planned to ride today but trails turned out to be in great shape. Rain held out and the wind had not picked up. We did have to help out a fellow rider who had broken his collarbone. Got him out of the woods and the wife could pick him up at the location I gave her. A lot of larch needles on the ground today for some nice fall coloring. Here its my riding buddy Casper with the matching frame.

casper.jpg

Last edited:

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
I have been flirting with alternative lifestyle (clipping in) this past couple weeks and I'm kinda liking it.

It definitely helps me going uphill. Almost managed to do no-dab climbing on a local 3.2-mile/1000-ft semi-techy trail.
IMG_4928.jpg

badger.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Suppose this is about it for the season. Has been a strange one, but counting my blessings.

BAC46C43-590F-4EA5-86DB-3C79159CAF49.jpeg
1900465E-2D5E-4C6B-9072-C25032E2654F.jpeg
DE3015E2-4BAB-4E38-B26B-366CC1E66BDC.jpeg
E90FA418-D81A-47BB-B0AE-25118A5376E6.jpeg

I love that setup you have going for trail work. These trails on your property?
They're on 1,000 acres conserved by the Watershed Center - I'm on their board in part to maintain access for bikes. The piece is adjacent to another 450 or so acres to the north operated by a logging company that doesn't mind if we ride/build.We try to keep it off Strava, Trailforks, and all that.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Funky logover is...funky. You have to get the front wheel up on the thing while the back of the bike is still negotiating the turn. This is from coming around a big root ball the left of what's pictured.

Other local folks (nemba) keep dumbing down this area, pulling out rocks, etc. This won't last - they'll come in and chainsaw the whole thing out. But it's a much harder than it looks TTF for the moment. Not flat, not level, good trackstand and swinging the rear of the bike about ability needed. A couple bike lengths after is a short but steep roll with a nasty g-out to catch the unwary.

Cleared out a bunch of stuff to get it even this clear - had to hoof it around otherwise. I love this place, and wish the wankers would stop fucking things up. It's mostly technical no-flow stuff by the nature of the terrain. Want flow? Go elsewhere.

IMG_1801 (2).JPG
IMG_1806 (2).JPG
IMG_1809 (2).JPG
IMG_1815 (2).JPG
IMG_1820 (2).JPG
IMG_1822.JPG