Quantcast

The Guitar Thread

flat broke

Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Custom Les Paul style deal with a solid ash body and neck w/rosewood fingerboard. Sunburst finish, all white binding, traditional abalone inlay work on the fret markers. Two EMG humbuckers with coil tap integrated into the 5way. Sadly, the thing has sat in it's case for over 3 years at this point. I play my Ibanez solid top Classical much more since my daughter was born, which is still next to never compared to my mid 20s. I sold most of my guitars off a couple years ago, but will keep the Les copy and the Ibanez forever.

Ideally I'd love to get my hands on a nice Guild dreadnaught and something similar to my Les copy with a slightly wider/thinner neck more along the lines of my Ibanez, but just a little narrower.

Chris

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
i'm prolly gonna catch a TON of crap for this...but i dont play guitar, but i do play bass....or at least i did, i'm pretty rusty now, but i've started playing again lately

it's an ibenez ergodyne and it sounds soooo sweet, really good for popping and slapping, but i need to lower the strings a little bit, any suggestions on how to do that

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
i'm prolly gonna catch a TON of crap for this...but i dont play guitar, but i do play bass....or at least i did, i'm pretty rusty now, but i've started playing again lately

it's an ibenez ergodyne and it sounds soooo sweet, really good for popping and slapping, but i need to lower the strings a little bit, any suggestions on how to do that

I really want a bass. I borrowed one 2 years ago to play for a while and it was sweet. What do you mean you need to "lower" your strings? As in pitch?

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Of course this post is worthless without pictures, but here's the list nonetheless:

Cheap Pawnshop Tele copy with a Fender custom shop neck pickup and an old ass Duncan rail bridge pickup - My main player, for some reason
Fernandes Dragonfly - first decent guitar, given to me by a very good friend, basic Taiwanese double humbucker rock machine
1950 Gibson LG1 acoustic - not the best sounding or smoothest playing acoustic I've held, but she's got some serious mojo
Fender Mexi-Jazz bass - 'nuff said
Chicago Banjo - somewhat generic Chinese 5 string banjo, but still sweet, thanks Mom

I have all cheap guitars, but I still like 'em.

Other stuff:
Fender Pro Junior tube amp
late 60's Gibson Skylark tube amp w/ working tremelo (sweet)
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Ampeg B50R
early 80's Magnum Drumkit with sweet cymbals - sounds great (no, seriously)
small bunch of pedals

All my gear is good sounding cheap semi-junk.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
A former associate of mine had a Gretsch Chet Atkins beautiful guitbox that he somehow skeezed off a friend of his Dads who needed the $$ for cocaine or something nefarious. Great sound...beautiful guitar that even I could pluck out tunes on. Guy gets a wild hair one day, says "I need to get this autographed by Chet..." Looks at some albums (This was the late 80s...before Al Gore invented the interweb. Yes kids, there was a time when all this didnt exist...) , gets a few ideas about who and how to talk to to make this happen. Gets ahold of the legends manager, WHO GIVES HIM CHETS ADDRESS! Guy drives down from Chicago to the Nashville suburbs, walks up to Chets door with said guitar. Knocks, and Mr. Atkins answers the door. Dude explains himself, Chet signs the guitar and they chat for a few minutes, and dude heads back north.

Fast forward a couple years...dummy finds Jeebus while in love with some chica, sells the guitar for next to nothing and moves to Arizona in pursuit of said girl, who he never came close to hooking up with.

#coolstorybro

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
don't have any anymore. but I did have a BC Rich Mockingbird MIJ, then to a MIJ red Strat maple neck (because Mark Knopfler played a red strat maple neck). Charvel Model 6, some kind of custom Jackson. mahogany body, rock maple neck, 3 single coils direct mount with a Kahler. never saw one before so i bought it. had a mini strat, red maple neck. that was a fun thing to bring to the beach playing it thru the Rockman. MIM strat, tobacco sunburst (thanks EJ). i've been toying with the idea of getting back into playing.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
SPAMALERT

Hey, is anyone interested in a 'beginner' Fender Starcaster for cheap? It plays beutifully, and is in fantastic condition besides two tiny paint chips. $130 plus shipping?
(or I could deliver to Colorado)
20210123_122505_copy_768x1024.jpg

as many pics as you want available upon request. Bought it in '10 when I was broke as a joke..