Quantcast

the furnace - friday 4/16

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
for anyone who wants to ride the furnace on friday, a bunch of us will be leaving the annandale area around 10am, arriving there around 11am... i'll be the one with the blue MINI :)

[also, i think we're doing gambrill on saturday around 11am]

Casper Long

Chimp
Mar 15, 2004
Arlinton va
All work and no rides makes cass mean to the customers
All work and no rides makes cass mean to the customers
Ahhhh I want to go but the slave driver wont let me .

Hey Any of you unemployed or underemployed folks want to go riding tuesdays? there are no scheduled lashings on tuesdays for me.:confused:

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Don't you people have JOBS? Lord knows I'd like to go, but I can't pay the mortgage with a broken derailleur. :(
heh, yeah. but i work at home, for myself, which means i can set my own schedule :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Casper Long
Hey Any of you unemployed or underemployed folks want to go riding tuesdays? there are no scheduled lashings on tuesdays for me.:confused:
yeah, i'd love to! if the weather's nice, i'm up for going pretty much anywhere local... best way to get in touch is to PM me.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by kirstin
heh, yeah. but i work at home, for myself, which means i can set my own schedule :)
Are you hiring? ;)

Have fun at EF. That place kicks my ass every time I'm there, but I can never wait to ride it again.

Casper Long

Chimp
Mar 15, 2004
Arlinton va
The first time I rode there it was on my 1991(fully rigid)rockhopper comp with the origanal set up. It was amazing I got bounced and bruised like never before and had major cramps in my left forarm as I did the ride with only my front stx-rc canti break due to a severly bent rear wheel. that trail is amazing. Also if any ony can do the hell climb from the resevoir to the top clean than u are a legend . I got more advanced bikes now that make it easier for me to move the next day after riding there but dont neccesarig make it more fun. Also 2nd only to the trails at EF in the experiance of making the trip out from DC is the ohh so yummy apple butter donuts available at the apple house (exit 13 off 66) wow great trails great donuts add good beer and Methinks I ve found what heaven on earth is.

PS look out for the billy goat at the signal tower he once chased me 1.5 miles trying to get at my wildberry power bar.

:D

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Yup thems good trails, must try the donuts, arrr. I dunno why more riders don't ride EF. I think it rocks even w/o shuttle options. MTBR reviews of the place are all like "waaa, it's too rocky" or "boo-hoo, the dirt road would be a fun descent, not that impossible-to-ride trail (Signal Knob). One star." Or something like that. Not sure which trail reviewers are talking about, because there are at least three major 1200-1400' vert descents onto the gorge road. There are other descents too but I've yet to do them.

The moment I read on MTBR that it was too rocky to ride, the next thing I did was load up the crappy truck and go there. Brilliant riding.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Stiff
Where were all you weekday riders during the PAST YEAR when I was unemployed? I just got a job a few hours ago!!!!
heh, riding by myself, mostly...

allieb

Chimp
Jul 1, 2002
NoVa
kirsten-

Do you have a rack on your MINI? What kind did you get? I have an Indi blue MINI that we weren't planning on putting a rack on, but now that it's getting nice out I'm starting to reconsider. Normally my hubby and I take our Subaru, but we don't always ride together. Just curious...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by allieb
kirsten-

Do you have a rack on your MINI? What kind did you get? I have an Indi blue MINI that we weren't planning on putting a rack on, but now that it's getting nice out I'm starting to reconsider. Normally my hubby and I take our Subaru, but we don't always ride together. Just curious...
i've got a yakima roof rack on there... thule only makes trunk mounted ones for the mini, and i didn't want to get the manufacturer one because they *drill through the roof*.

the one i have is the forkmounted one with locks, and a windjammer thing (supposedly just as effective as a faring but smaller and cheaper). the one thing is you have to get the stretch kit, because otherwise the sunroof hits the bar when it opens ;)

i totally love it, though...

CountZero

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Kirstin -

Hello from another self-employed usually-solo rider.

What is the general plan for your Furnace ride tomorrow?

Park at the main lot, or farther down at the base of the fire road?

Which loop?

Will most likely see you tomorrow.

Tom

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by CountZero
Kirstin -

Hello from another self-employed usually-solo rider.

What is the general plan for your Furnace ride tomorrow?

Park at the main lot, or farther down at the base of the fire road?

Which loop?

Will most likely see you tomorrow.

Tom
um, i don't know for sure, i'll be talking to people later today and could post something in the morning? regardless, we should be there around 11...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by CountZero
Ok, I'll plan to see you all there around 11.

I'll be driving a black Tacoma pickup. My bike is a green Maverick.

Tom
cool... we'll be in the bottom parking lot.

NoVA-b

Chimp
Apr 16, 2004
Fairfax, BA
this board yesterday... An EF ride would have fun today insted of some trail running. For all those self-employed or under employed where do you ride during the week?

Tuesday mornings a couple of us ride Fountain Head starting at 8:30-9am, weather permitting. But this week I have a meeting and won't be able to be there until 4:30pm or so.

Anyone up for riding Fountain Head Tuesday night? Or getting some weekday group rides going?