Quantcast

*$%The Eve of Friday %$*

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning primates. Everyone still flinging poo?
Youngest is a terror on 2 wheels in the yard and the cul-de-sac so it's time to take her in the woods. We're gonna have the go-pro on for this one.
School's almost out so that's a plus.
Enjoy this fine day!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Another day on the short bus. Effing Windows 10 update has been installing for an hour and it's only at 24%. They were not kidding when they said it would take a while. Surfing via my phone. My muscles are feeling last night's ride so I must have had some jolly good fun:D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning going Monkies! Getting good a trailer hitch installed on the wagon today and hoping to assemble the bike rack... Also spending a few hours mentoring the manager of a local charity, I'm having a rough ti,email communicating that productivity and revenue are just as important for a non profit as they are for a profit based enterprise...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I arrived at work, fresh and ready to nap. gonna be a long one. on the plus side, it's gorgeous outside, and it's ride night. win!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! A nice day here before we get hit with some rain later this week. Yesterday's ride was good, I am planning to hit the trails this evening again. I hope work stays as boring as it has been so far this morning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Another day on the short bus. Effing Windows 10 update has been installing for an hour and it's only at 24%. They were not kidding when they said it would take a while. Surfing via my phone. My muscles are feeling last night's ride so I must have had some jolly good fun:D
win10 on my home computer went fucky somehow, its now super laggy, and most applications don't load.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good Morning.

I was annoyed last night after my trip to the DMV so I went home, took a nap and had ice cream for dinner. Slept like shit last night but today still has promise, bitches better not ruin it.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning munkees. no ride last night, since the wife is out of town and I had chef and chauffeur duties to attend too.

Rant On!

The 14 YO male offspring, who is home alone almost all day, is annoying me with his inability to clean a dish or close a cabinet door. I spoke to him about it the other night and explained that privileges will be revoked if it continues. When I got home from W last night, two cabinets were wide open and a there was a dirty pot in the sink. After he got home from track and field practice, he left two more cabinet doors open and then went to bed. His PS4 controller is now hidden and he will discover that when he gets home from football conditioning around lunch time today. I look forward to receiving that text from him when the video game jones kicks in. I am thinking 4 hours with no controller for 4 cabinet doors left open, and a suggested chores list to accomplish in that time. Next offense the fines will be doubled. everyone else in the house goes to work full time, including his 16 YO sister and this kid can't even remember to tell us about a fundraiser for his football team. He needs to man up and supplement the $450 fee to be on the team by selling some cookies and cheesecakes.

Rant Off!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
How's the switch to your native tongue for business?
Still adjusting and no doubt I feel more American than Danish. There is a lot of stuff I have to relearn.

@Yossarian no doubt I have been a slacker the last month working 2-3 hours per day. I could actually have continue for another two weeks but I had enough of not doing anything.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Wife comes home tonight. It's actually been a lot of fun to just hang out with the kid for a week. Already dreading going back to work on Saturday. I should just win the lottery so I don't have to go to work anymore.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am at work. It is ok. Yesterday was long, though: 8-5 with an unpleasant co-worker and then an elective 5-10 shift that's busy but is $$$$.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Still adjusting and no doubt I feel more American than Danish. There is a lot of stuff I have to relearn.

@Yossarian no doubt I have been a slacker the last month working 2-3 hours per day. I could actually have continue for another two weeks but I had enough of not doing anything.
Do your kids and wife speak Dutch as well?

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hello.

Nothing to do today at work, yet. I think they want me to walk. 7 more working days here, and today is pay day, so why work for 5 days pay.......

@Yossarian I feel your pain. My 13 yo, who is not in school, does nothing but sleep till 3pm then asks why there are no cereal bowls clean... I have him on 2 days notice that if he doesn't shape up, He will be living in a tent in my back yard. That way, he is technically kicked out of my house, but within earshot should he decide that moving wasn't the end of the world...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello there.

Per usual after ride night, I was not able to get to sleep until about 2am. I guess the good comes with the bad. Awesome ride, though. And our injured group member prepared an absolute feast. We had 3 grills going, filled with portabello mushrooms covered in cheese, roasted bell peppers, onions, mushrooms/garlic, pork and steak. That made for some great freakin' sandwiches. I contributed beer and pickled beans.

This morning was a poop-show. I did not get to work until 10am, not because I slept in or anything but because people from work were calling non-stop. I got 4 phone calls while attempting to take the morning dump.:banghead:

Tired, but if it isn't raining this evening I will be attempting a ride in some hills.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

New chill JD today, see how well this goes. It seems I'm not out of the weeds just yet, but making progress. Tomorrow should be a good test. I too should win the lotto, it would make things a little easier, at least until I blew it all. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
They are building a new wicked pump track in the new Gateway Green bike area. it used to be an underground dirt jump and trail area for years, but just recently because designated (because there is really no use for the area otherwise).

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Hello.

Nothing to do today at work, yet. I think they want me to walk. 7 more working days here, and today is pay day, so why work for 5 days pay.......

@Yossarian I feel your pain. My 13 yo, who is not in school, does nothing but sleep till 3pm then asks why there are no cereal bowls clean... I have him on 2 days notice that if he doesn't shape up, He will be living in a tent in my back yard. That way, he is technically kicked out of my house, but within earshot should he decide that moving wasn't the end of the world...
Wingnut, your kid is causing way more pain than mine and I shouldn't even complain, as mine is an overall good kid. He is just becoming an entitled millenial and that is my fault. Your kid however has big brass balls of pain-in-the-assitude, I wish I had words of wisdom for you other than, "go cut a switch from the Willer tree."

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Wingnut, your kid is causing way more pain than mine and I shouldn't even complain, as mine is an overall good kid. He is just becoming an entitled millenial and that is my fault. Your kid however has big brass balls of pain-in-the-assitude, I wish I had words of wisdom for you other than, "go cut a switch from the Willer tree."
Yeah, he's a pain for sure. But, good overall. He is just pissed that we moved, but not willing to admit he is pissed off and/or depressed...

I gave him a Digital camera last night and told him "Here. here is a hobby. Go for a walk and be with your thoughts and get yourself sorted out."

Hope he comes around before school starts next year....