Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
There were 6 of us rug rats, so we had a big blue Chevy van. I was told we had a Ford before that, but I was too small to recall the Ford. Road trips in the van were epic.
we're missing a supra-minivan, sub-Transit/Sprinter category imo. a US HiAce, if you will.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
europe has all the fun...

Screenshot_20240221_230142_Chrome.jpg

i always wanted a CC wagon....did not know there was a areton wagon in europe.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
you can have 4 doors and a 5.5 foot bed....

i remember in colorado in the apartment complex a guy had a dodge that must have been a custom order....quad cab plus extra cab with a full size bed...
Mega cab is only available with the short bed.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I gotta say, this car on farcebook marketplace is really bloody tempting!
Very clean example for it's age.

Cut&paste from the advert for the JPB's amoung us (or in case meta is being "Meta")
Seller's description
  • Condition
    Used – good
Doing a bit of a clear out of cars as I have too many, though I’m open to offers or interesting swaps.
1992 Subaru Omega 1.8 Carby EA32
305***kms
5 speed manual 4WD Hi 4WD Lo FWD all selectable on separate lever clutch operated.
Interior in good condition Exterior in good condition aside from the hood has dents.
Fresh Warrant of fitness 15/02/24, Registration until May 24
Cambelt and water pump all done along with heads rebuilt a few months ago.
All engine gaskets are new including head gaskets.
You can drive in front wheel drive, or 4Hi or 4Lo, selectable by clutch.
Centre diff is locked so chirps when turning tight corners, good for entertainment. Good running simple car labelled Subaru's most reliable car and gets a lot of attention where ever you park.
Has a brand new JVC head unit and front speakers, comes with a heap of parts new and old including radiator, carburetor, axles, more gaskets etc In a world of electrically assisted cars this is about as mechanical and manual as it gets! Cool little retro car!

1709199209775.png

1709199248439.png

1709199288431.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I gotta say, this car on farcebook marketplace is really bloody tempting!
Very clean example for it's age.

Cut&paste from the advert for the JPB's amoung us (or in case meta is being "Meta")
Seller's description
  • Condition
    Used – good
Doing a bit of a clear out of cars as I have too many, though I’m open to offers or interesting swaps.
1992 Subaru Omega 1.8 Carby EA32
305***kms
5 speed manual 4WD Hi 4WD Lo FWD all selectable on separate lever clutch operated.
Interior in good condition Exterior in good condition aside from the hood has dents.
Fresh Warrant of fitness 15/02/24, Registration until May 24
Cambelt and water pump all done along with heads rebuilt a few months ago.
All engine gaskets are new including head gaskets.
You can drive in front wheel drive, or 4Hi or 4Lo, selectable by clutch.
Centre diff is locked so chirps when turning tight corners, good for entertainment. Good running simple car labelled Subaru's most reliable car and gets a lot of attention where ever you park.
Has a brand new JVC head unit and front speakers, comes with a heap of parts new and old including radiator, carburetor, axles, more gaskets etc In a world of electrically assisted cars this is about as mechanical and manual as it gets! Cool little retro car!

View attachment 208409
View attachment 208410

View attachment 208411
Grab it before Bernard Kerr does and before it sits in a garage for 10 months of the year!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
With the advent of battery tech evolving in increasing performance and dropping in price by nearly half annually I can see this trend becoming the same as Cell phone releases and keeping up with the tech. It seems the batteries from 2 years ago are now nearly obsolete compared to the current offerings let alone what is being developed. I would be willing to bet the truck market will be creating diesel over electric options in the near future as a hybrid platform such as petrol over electric hybrid options. It truly comes down to price per watt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
With the advent of battery tech evolving in increasing performance and dropping in price by nearly half annually I can see this trend becoming the same as Cell phone releases and keeping up with the tech. It seems the batteries from 2 years ago are now nearly obsolete compared to the current offerings let alone what is being developed. I would be willing to bet the truck market will be creating diesel over electric options in the near future as a hybrid platform such as petrol over electric hybrid options. It truly comes down to price per watt.
The Turbo S I test drove was $150k, I'm guessing the original MSRP was $220k. That was like 18 months old. While still WAY out of my budget, if I was looking at $220k new vs $100k with 15k miles, that is an easy choice for me.