Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I thought barn finds were more valuable if people just sold them as-is. But still interesting to see them try to get this running.

weird seeing a brit dog with a docked tail....i thought that was not allowed in britain/europe

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Police handing out faraday bags to residents, because vehicle theft is getting that bad in areas around here. Some people having 2 or 3 stolen within a relatively short period of time.

When do the automakers step up and take responsibility for making them so easy to steal?

Maybe it's time to go back to the good old physical key and lock tumbler.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Police handing out faraday bags to residents, because vehicle theft is getting that bad in areas around here. Some people having 2 or 3 stolen within a relatively short period of time.

When do the automakers step up and take responsibility for making them so easy to steal?

Why do you hate freedom?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
VW Stealership

Time for a new fuel filter on a 2015 Golf TDI Ruth calls me and said that the dealer wanted $275 parts and labor. Filter is $50. I said buy the part and walk away (already knew that you can only get it from VW). Took me 5 minutes, its 5 star drive nuts, lift lid, pull old filter pop in new and top off the canister with diesel, replace the lid, tighten 5 nuts.

Fuckers wanted to take her for $200. fuck them
20231001_144647~2.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
VW Stealership

Time for a new fuel filter on a 2015 Golf TDI Ruth calls me and said that the dealer wanted $275 parts and labor. Filter is $50. I said buy the part and walk away (already knew that you can only get it from VW). Took me 5 minutes, its 5 star drive nuts, lift lid, pull old filter pop in new and top off the canister with diesel, replace the lid, tighten 5 nuts.

View attachment 201328
atleast it isnt a sprinter...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
VW Stealership

View attachment 201328
People love getting fleeced by the dealerships service department. They also love sitting around waiting for hours while getting fleeced.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
VW Stealership

View attachment 201328
Yall Americans are lucky that you can actually purchase most OEM VW parts online, including this fuel filter.

Its $43 here.

I hate this ontariovwparts.com website. It makes finding VW parts here in the province of Ontario difficult, as that site is always in the search results. Our parts sites here will list everything, but a lot of the items have no code to actually purchase. :banghead:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
VW Stealership

View attachment 201328
Not saying it’s right but that is about where pricing is for jobs like that. “Shop rates” at around $200 per hour are not uncommon. Typically shops will have a Minimum charge of one hour, which puts you at $250 for parts and labor. Throw in a disposal fee for the old filter and you’re at $275. Not cheap, questionable if it’s fair, but I think it’s the going rate…

Also, don’t you have to bleed a diesel to get the air out after opening the fuel system like that?

Not saying it’s right but that is about where pricing is for jobs like that. “Shop rates” at around $200 per hour are not uncommon. Typically shops will have a Minimum charge of one hour, which puts you at $250 for parts and labor. Throw in a disposal fee for the old filter and you’re at $275. Not cheap, questionable if it’s fair, but I think it’s the going rate…

Also, don’t you have to bleed a diesel to get the air out after opening the fuel system like that?
Worst you can do is toast your injectors.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yall Americans are lucky that you can actually purchase most OEM VW parts online, including this fuel filter.

Its $43 here.

I hate this ontariovwparts.com website. It makes finding VW parts here in the province of Ontario difficult, as that site is always in the search results. Our parts sites here will list everything, but a lot of the items have no code to actually purchase. :banghead:
fun fact...a jetta wagon core support was impossible to find for vw jetta wagon when i wrecked...riveted and plastic dip/welded/whateverthefuck straight...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This guy imported a Figaro and documented doing some stuff to it.

He also has some lengthy videos on a very nice LS swapped Miata. Its too bad life has gotten in the way of him making more videos!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The irony is very strong in blaming the buyers for flipping cars. Porsche must have forgotten about supply and demand. Their limited run of this car is what is causing the price to go up. Just produce more and the prices will stay low. Or don't make it at all and produce more entry level 911s at a good price if you want people out there driving your cars. All of this is just more marketing bull shit to prove they are a drivers focused company.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

I think it started with the Renault Laguna 2 but nobody wanted to steal them-
1696332134182.png

1696332291508.png

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

$200/hour is 100% questionable and not fair. A good master technician is only getting $25-$30/hour flat rate out of that $200. $100 or more of that $200 is going directly into the owners pocket. Corporate greed from the big car dealer conglomerates is trickling down to the small mom and pop dealerships. The only ones making money now are owners and top tier management.

I had a 2003 Vdub Tdi, I didn't bleed shit when I changed the fuel filter, half the time I didn't even have diesel on hand to fill the filter. I just let it crank over for a couple minutes until the fuel pump delivered enough diesel to refill the filter. Yes I know that is stupid but I was young and stupid back then.