Quantcast

the brain

shorty13

Chimp
Aug 21, 2008
anyone have Specialized's Brain suspension? I'm curious how well it works. I am looking into getting a nice new bike and watched a clip on their suspension system and it seems interesting. Looking for some feedback. Thanks.

splat

Nam I am
I have it ojn my Stumpjumper. I can't say I have been thrilled with it. I love the bike the problem is I keep blowing the rear Shock ( the brain) it is the Specialized one , so they keep warrenting it , but still I am seriously thinking of replacing it with a fox rp23

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
A lot of my more aggressive friends really like the Epic, surprisingly. I'm not sure if I believe a claim like "pedals like a hardtail", but I think real riders are looking for good feeling, active bikes, and the Epic seems to qualify.

However, one thing to note is that the Brain has become more adjustable over the years, so the newer versions do ride better.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
I have a brain on my Stumpjumper and I think its a phenomonal shock. I blew it by the end of the season but I think thats pretty good considering how hard I am on that bike. I have to say that it sucks that I cannot serivice it myself, but such as life when you get a bike that expensive. I definitely love it though.