Quantcast

***TGIfreakingF***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Coffee in hand to get through this day. I have never been so happy for a 3 day weekend (though most of it will be spent at our home gymnastics meet). Play auditions complete....now the rehearsals begin. Good thing I like these kids because for the amount of time and energy we put into these shows we end up paying money.

TGIF!!!!!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not my week I guess. Somebody just ran into the Volvo from behind at a red light. It was a van I saw that pulled out from a side street and I guess he wasn't paying any attention to traffic. More crap to deal with. Got thrown forward in the seat but I think I am okay.

At least the Volvo did better than the Mercedes

IMG_3935.jpg

And the oldest son just tested positive for covid.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Last time I was this sick was about 2 years ago, a month before covid hit the media. Since then I have had both phizers and a booster and still got the latest round of covid? How in the hell is that possible? I am becoming increasingly aware of more and more peers that have been sick with vaccines and boosters.

In other news,

Might actually try a cup of coffee this morning, not sure if I am going to be fighting another fever today.

Last time I was this sick was about 2 years ago, a month before covid hit the media. Since then I have had both phizers and a booster and still got the latest round of covid? How in the hell is that possible? I am becoming increasingly aware of more and more peers that have been sick with vaccines and boosters.

In other news,

Might actually try a cup of coffee this morning, not sure if I am going to be fighting another fever today.
It's possible because that is how the omicron variant has been behaving. At the end of the day, we're all likely to get it.

Pfizer-BioNTech has not been noted as the most effective vaccine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the virus has mutated (evolved if you will), the vaccines were developed for the original variant. when this happens, any given inoculation typically had reduced effectiveness. how much the effectiveness is reduced depends on how much difference there is between the variant and the original virus the vaccine was developed against. just because you contracted it doesn't mean the vaccine didn't work, but your symptoms are less severe because you were vaccinated.

the same holds true for flu vaccines.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Took the day off, so we are heading to the house to work. Baby slept through the night last night and I can't tell you how much I needed that.

Let's see what HVAC quote 2 comes back at. Trying to coordinate with the town electric department to take advantage of any incentives they have to offer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Baby slept through the night last night and I can't tell you how much I needed that.
pro tip: do the day time feedings a little closer together. a couple we knew taught us that, and once we did that they started sleeping through the night on a regular basis, or would only wake up for one feeding. basically the idea is you do the same # of feedings, but when you do them a little closer during the day they can stretch it out longer during the night.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the virus has mutated (evolved if you will), the vaccines were developed for the original variant. when this happens, any given inoculation typically had reduced effectiveness. how much the effectiveness is reduced depends on how much difference there is between the variant and the original virus the vaccine was developed against. just because you contracted it doesn't mean the vaccine didn't work, but your symptoms are less severe because you were vaccinated.

the same holds true for flu vaccines.
Thank you for your wisdom Dr. I shall forever be in your debt.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Thought maybe I had teh rona yesterday afternoon. Kind of slow on my ride, after I showered developed a splitting headache that ibuprofen wouldn't touch, and kind of had a sore throat. Neighbor dropped of a couple self tests last night. One last night came back not positive, as did the one I took this morning. Feel a lot better this morning, slept like the dead. Allergies maybe? Been a bad winter for that, for me.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey bruh. I dragged my covidless, lazy, sack of shit self out the door early this morning for a hilly one hour run. One dipshit driver have to swerve to avoid hitting me, proving yet again that the flashing vest and headlamp don't really work if the driver isn't looking at the road.

Wife just tested negative for the ronas after spending five days at Disney/Universal Studios. She felt fine but was compelled to get tested with the 45% positivity rate down there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I shall deign to work a few hours this morning, I suppose. Off to the mountains this afternoon as usual.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Still working from home.

My old sidi Dominators are looking sad after like 15 years of work. Worried about them finally blowing out soon. I found new ones for $200 so went ahead and ordered, bypassing the temptations of getting a new fanny pack to try that whole thing out, or frame bags to keep stuff off the bike. Even found the older ratchet style so my stock of spare parts will remain relevant vice the new twisty-lacy stuff. (which looks cool but I didn't want to drop full price on)

Bikecloset.com does have good deals, especially the open box section.

I did go ahead and get a tiny new micro pump off Amazon, too. A while back I upgraded from my huge and 12-year-old hydration pack to a new Leatt that is really short on cargo space, so this will help since I insist on always carrying a hand pump.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"Hi! This is your work computer. I decided to restart last night, but not save any of the emails you were working on or keep any of the emails you opened because they needed to be followed up on open upon restart. Have a great Friday!"

I fucking hate this computer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"Hi! This is your work computer. I decided to restart last night, but not save any of the emails you were working on or keep any of the emails you opened because they needed to be followed up on open upon restart. Have a great Friday!"

RIP Clippy

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

try it now?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Woke up to email from HR telling me Monday is now a holiday as part of our woke movement. I for one welcome 3 day weekends.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My work has auto-updates that do this shit on occasion. I've started taking to putting my laptop in "Sleep" mode when I finish the work-day... 'cause fuck those auto-reboots. :mad:
@stoney I manage our Windows updates here at my work and there are policies available which should avoid these things. We have it set to not automatically reboot if the user is still logged in, UNLESS they pass the grace period, where you're given a warning about an upcoming forced reboot.

Not sure the size of your organization, but perhaps the IT dewd can change that?

There is also a pause function that you can use...this will ignore updates for a while. We have it disabled, but perhaps you have this available?

1642180346835.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not my week I guess. Somebody just ran into the Volvo from behind at a red light. It was a van I saw that pulled out from a side street and I guess he wasn't paying any attention to traffic. More crap to deal with. Got thrown forward in the seat but I think I am okay.

Jeezus. That's a shit way to end the week. :mad:

Cat is laying on my legs, thus I'm stuck and can't get up to start working.

What a shame.
1642180372845.png

Last time I was this sick was about 2 years ago, a month before covid hit the media. Since then I have had both phizers and a booster and still got the latest round of covid? How in the hell is that possible?
Dude... come on... :disgust:

Took the day off, so we are heading to the house to work. Baby slept through the night last night and I can't tell you how much I needed that.

Just recieved my 3rd dose of Moderna.

I have some how made it through all of this never having tested positive for rona. I guess being moderately reclusive is a good thing.
Are you gonna join the "I ain't got 'Rona yet" pool??

Thank you for your wisdom Dr. I shall forever be in your debt.
So you *didn't* actually want to know? Or perhaps you already knew?

Thought maybe I had teh rona yesterday afternoon. Kind of slow on my ride, after I showered developed a splitting headache that ibuprofen wouldn't touch, and kind of had a sore throat. Neighbor dropped of a couple self tests last night. One last night came back not positive, as did the one I took this morning. Feel a lot better this morning, slept like the dead. Allergies maybe? Been a bad winter for that, for me.
Seems the efficacy of the rapid tests is a bit hit-n-miss - you might at least consider getting a PCR... though I'm not sure you can even get through those lines at the present time?

My work has auto-updates that do this shit on occasion. I've started taking to putting my laptop in "Sleep" mode when I finish the work-day... 'cause fuck those auto-reboots. :mad:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Hopefully last day of daycare quarantine, or potentially just the last one until next week. Really thinking it’s time to take a home based side hustle more seriously so at least I can make some cash during his nap time.

Otherwiae it’s just windy and stupid out, may make Spam Musubi for lunch

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
@stoney I manage our Windows updates here at my work and there are policies available which should avoid these things. We have it set to not automatically reboot if the user is still logged in, UNLESS they pass the grace period, where you're given a warning about an upcoming forced reboot.

Not sure the size of your organization, but perhaps the IT dewd can change that?

There is also a pause function that you can use...this will ignore updates for a while. We have it disabled, but perhaps you have this available?

View attachment 170326
Email drafts are not auto-saved? This is 2022!?!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

At least the Volvo did better than the Mercedes

View attachment 170316

There is no rest for the wicked. Bummer!

<- This guy had online exams all day long. :dead:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Finally received my Christmas present from my wife in the mail today... button-down merino shirts for the win! luckily, it fits... and I think it look nice.

Woke up to email from HR telling me Monday is now a holiday as part of our woke movement. I for one welcome 3 day weekends.
what's this new holiday youz guyz are getting?