Quantcast

Team Dropmachine Bikes

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
So, thought I might share our new team bikes, see what you all thought.

2004 SGS DH Teams, stock out of the box. The bikes are just awesome, and perform much better then they deserve to considering what they cost. Can't wait to get mine...=)

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
That sure is a kiss of death...

Some sick bikes you got there! I've never had the chance to ride an IH, only heard great things about them though. I like the rear shock sticker :)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Not to sound like a product-pushing sponsored whore ( Cause i'm not, i am slower then crap) but the bikes are awesome. We had some serious concerns about going with Iron Horse, what with them being so rare in Canada and all, but man, are we ever happy with them. The bikes rock the house, and the boys are happy on them for sure. Not so happy with some of the parts ( Rims are made of butter ) but thats an easy fix.

Only way to really sum them up is that they perform much better then they deserve to, especially considering what they cost. We expected decent bikes, not killer bikes.

IH rules.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Just curious, why do you have a hope "sponsor" sticker, and your running hayes?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Availablility. The bikes came with hayes, but we haven't had the chance to get in the new Hopes. They have been selling well here, and are difficult to get a hold of.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
dropmachine.com said:
Availablility. The bikes came with hayes, but we haven't had the chance to get in the new Hopes. They have been selling well here, and are difficult to get a hold of.
being sponsored, you should have priority tho no? :devil:

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I can answer some of these questions as it is my bike :P

Sponsor Stickers: Were all made custom by a buddy of mine who owns a vinyl shop and are a smooth printed type. Props to 3M Trimline in Burlington! Word.

Brakes: Hopes are coming....just got the bike the day before the race!

Rear Shock: Waiting for a new hardware kit for my Vanilla RC Pro Pedal (personal deal not a team sponsor)

The bikes: Impressed. Ran a full on Yeti DH-9 last year and I feel more comfortable on the Ironhorse than I was on the Yeti. The bike is really well balanced, stable and the geometry is perfect. A little dissapointed in the WTB rims as I am only 145lbs and never wreck wheels, but they already have some decent dings in the sidewall of the rims. I will NEVER break this bike though....see the new frame tubes? Super burly. See you at the next race!