Quantcast

take a look at karpiel's new website.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Nice looking page, very professional. Oh yeah, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going to happen here. Maybe I'll hold off on the bike upgrades...

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
I will ( If i will have to... but i dont think any of my karpiels will broke, even if it will i can make anything myself or just buy another used )

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
IMO it shouldn't take that much time to make a site..i mean, if it had like 20 subpages that don't have a template, but i doubt that, so i think it should be completed a lot sooner..though it does look extremely fluent and professional as dogwonder said.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
He needs to just design and build bikes, and have someone else handle the business aspect of things, as it does not seem to be his forte...then again, he may be beyond saving at this point.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I wonder if he'll be managing operations from poland. So now instead of him screwing you, maybe he'll just start blaming it on getting lost through shipping.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
wow, I'm eager to see those new disco volante frame all though I love the last model, though heat treatment and a 12mm 150 axel in the back would hurt anyone...

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
just to get factual, id like to know what % of karp frames actually was delivered w/o heat treat.
id be surprised if it was over 1%.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
vitox said:
just to get factual, id like to know what % of karp frames actually was delivered w/o heat treat.
id be surprised if it was over 1%.
I'd like to know the number of Karpiel frames that either got delivered without heat treatment, had a problem where the owner got screwed out of parts or service, or had a problem where the owner ended up waiting months and months, always being promised "two weeks", for a service or warranty situation.

'cause I've heard at least 15 or 20 stories of it over the years - and that's just the sampling that spoke where I was listening. Conversely, I have not heard that many stories of even a lousy and badly run company like Ellsworth who have had more than their share of warranty and frame problems.

It ain't just about the heat treat. And you know what? It wouldn't matter if that's the only problem he ever had. They knowingly sent out a dangerous product that was inevitably going to fail, and when the situation blew up, he screamed like a little girl and ran for the hills.

F**k 'im. Life doesn't always give you a second chance, especially not to start the same business over, and especially not so soon.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i agree fully, but just because of what you post there, i think its a bit misleading to bring up the heat treat thing as if that were the problem.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Wow, site says they'll have contact info in Jan of 2007...?!
It also asks that you have your original submission/purchase info from around the 2nd quarter of 2004. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't have mine anymore...

ha ha ha ha ha, I dont know how he is going to even get back into the states. I understand the IRS is looking for him, not to mention all the companies that were building his designs for him. I hear he has some huge bills with (un named) frame builders and cnc companies. I killed my army, said i was done, bought a disco and it is sucking, so I got a used foes mono after I found out the 06 el cuervo isnt ready yet. Never again will jan be blowing my dough on transyvanian hookers and supposed thumb repair. They WERE good bikes, long, long, long, long ago.....