Quantcast

Tahoe Help

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
going to be in south lake tahoe for a couple weeks (after hitting the roseville bmx national) very soon and will have my 7 inch bike with me. recommended trails for that bad boy?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's the easiest answer. There are other possibilities, but N* is the easiest.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Corral Trail. Take hwy 50 south to Meyers, take a left at Pioneer Trail, take a right at Oneidas Rd, park when you see a big ol' fire road on your left, then climb the paved road for just over 3 miles. When the paved road ends, take the singletrack on your left. Then at the next junction, you can take two trails: one is rated black diamond, one is a blue square (they're clearly marked). TAKE THE BLACK DIAMOND TRAIL. It's way too much fun. When that trail dead-ends into a fire road, take a left and ride the fire road back to where you parked (about a mile).

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
Corral Trail. Take hwy 50 south to Meyers, take a left at Pioneer Trail, take a right at Oneidas Rd, park when you see a big ol' fire road on your left, then climb the paved road for just over 3 miles. When the paved road ends, take the singletrack on your left. Then at the next junction, you can take two trails: one is rated black diamond, one is a blue square (they're clearly marked). TAKE THE BLACK DIAMOND TRAIL. It's way too much fun. When that trail dead-ends into a fire road, take a left and ride the fire road back to where you parked (about a mile).
it is a fun one for sure

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Find KIDWOO on here...
he hooked me up hard with fantastic info on Tahoe when the mrs' and I went up to ride 2 yrs ago. He knows the trails all to well.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Find KIDWOO on here...
he hooked me up hard with fantastic info on Tahoe when the mrs' and I went up to ride 2 yrs ago. He knows the trails all to well.
haven't seen kidwoo around here for quite a while.. wonder what he's up to.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm going to have to get some info from some locals too. I'll be staying in South Tahoe from July 15th to july 19th. Wanna get in some good trail riding. I'm bringing my 5.5 inch travel bike, and my DH bike. I'll be hitting Northstar that friday to check it out. But i want to do some good xc rides too. Any suggestions? Someone also told me to hit up the Mr. Toads trail. i just gotta figure out how to find it.

are there any bike shops out that way that can point me in right directions?

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
For bike shops check out Watta Bike at the end of Pioneer Trail near Meyers or Sports LTD near stateline and the Raleys at the Gondola.
Tons to ride - Rim Trail (Bench, Star Lake, Toads, Xmas Valley) Corral, Armstong, PLines, High Meadow. Drop a PM when here or pick up a Tahoe Rec Map at either of those shops with all the trails listed.