Quantcast

sx trail shock setup

Jul 9, 2007
I recently got a 2007 sx trail for an awesome deal.
So far I love the bike. It descends like nothing I have ever ridden before and I just have so much more fun than I ever did on my giant AC.

That said, I do have one beef with the bike. I ride more aggressive all mountain than true freeride. Mostly because the freeride scene in ky is lacking. Anyway, that means I have to pedal a lot.

The bike doesn't pedal as well as I would like it to but I am convinced it is a result of the shock not being properly setup. I am 180 pounds without gear. The bike came with a dhx 4.0 with a 350lb rated spring. adjusting the propedal doesn't really make much of a difference. I am considering getting a heavier spring ( 400?) as well as shipping it to PUSH to have it custom tuned.
Do you guys think this would help fix my problem with the bike?

Thanks

Jul 9, 2007
thanks for the link. I looked around for something like that and didn't manage to find it.
So according to that, for a stiffer setup I need 377 which I don't think is a possible spring rate. So going with a 400 would be a little stiffer than recommended. Maybe that would be good for me and my style of riding?

robert80

Chimp
Oct 6, 2008
the trail...or at work
One of my friends, who is about your size, rides an 07 SX Trail as well. He definitely rides a stiffer spring than a 350, and he has no trouble on pure trail rides. However, he's planning to have the shock Pushed as an upgreade this winter.