Quantcast

Super monsters are weak...

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I've spoken with the owner of gsr. he's a total dick, he kept ranting about why he stopped his business, saying "that mach was the best bike ever, and no one got it. offered no pedal bob, light as hell, and completely handcrafted." he didn't like that i liked specialized either.

If you saw a pic of that weird bike at interbike, the one that had a 20" rear wheel, and 4 little tiny wheels on the front, he's one of the brains behind that. Apparently he claims that contraption to be the future of this sport.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
hahahahahahahahahahaha... thats the most rediculous thing I have ever seen. It has a 24 in front and a 26 in rear, and look at the bb height and head angle. Absolutely hilarious

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
also, who in their right mind designs a dh frame around a crappy RS pull shock that isn't even made any more. The only way you could win a race on that thing is by exploding the shock near your competitors and hoping that the shrapnel killed them before they got to post a time.

PRANKMONKEY

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Las Vegas
skatetokil said:
The only way you could win a race on that thing is by exploding the shock near your competitors and hoping that the shrapnel killed them before they got to post a time.
:nuts: That was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Absolutely great. I fell out of may chair laughing on that one!

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
That's why it comes with a spare shock silly...

skatetokil said:
also, who in their right mind designs a dh frame around a crappy RS pull shock that isn't even made any more. The only way you could win a race on that thing is by exploding the shock near your competitors and hoping that the shrapnel killed them before they got to post a time.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i remember the website claimed up to 14 inches of travel on that bike with the 2,75" stroke RS pullshock, but that was measuring the arc the wheel described, not in a straight line, so maybe the leverage isnt that huge anyway.
it does seem that this bike is a bit different from the original though, maybe they changed the linkage.

the fork, well, it seems there will never be an end to the amount of people stupid/misinformed enough to buy a hanebrink product.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Dirtjumper999 said:
If you saw a pic of that weird bike at interbike, the one that had a 20" rear wheel, and 4 little tiny wheels on the front, he's one of the brains behind that. Apparently he claims that contraption to be the future of this sport.
personally i thought that thing sucked balls, it was a tv show down under here and it didnt impress me at all. I like how its meant to be the future, i really would like to see that thing go down a off road trail especially a decent rock garden

The scary thing about the bike above is that some dip**** is going to buy it. I guess if you really dont know better you probably deserve it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i wonder if the owner's manual has the standard bit of sizing info where they tell you a properly sized bike will have two inches of standover clearnace? who could do that other than shaq?

and another thing, why do bike owner's manual have information on sizing? once you own the bike, it is a bit late for them to tell you how to figure out the right size.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
I love the specs from GSR's site (Not updated since 2001)

Mach 9 Specifications:
Two National Titles in 2000
Longest travel downhill bike in the world
9"-11" travel with 2.0" stroke shock and 11"-14"
travel with 2.75" stroke shock
Rear swingarm fits 3" tire with ample mud clearance
Adjustable bottom bracket and steering angles
Pull shock design provides constant feel over full range of
travel without pedal feedback
Regressive-to-linear design with built-in sag
Oversized aluminum frame 6061-T6
29 CNC machined parts
Interlocking FSR bearing pivot (patent pending) for easy
removal and maintenance
Standard Hayes (8" rotor) rear disc mount

:nopity:

This thing is rocking also...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
lux said:
I think maybe a bit of tomfoolery from Adrenaline is going on.
Nope when I used to work there I drew short straw and had to build and testride that thing:help:
We built one for a different customer that was 14" travel front and back, full xc components otherwise

I did huck some feirce curgs on te shakedown ride tho:rofl: