Quantcast

Super Monster Review (hardcore only)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
"Heck, I believe you could either kill a Kodiak bear if you hit one at speed, or else, just run right over it ... small cars; no problem."

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
ryan/kona29 said:
super monsters, just to heavy:mumble: . any body ever heard of the reese 12 inch travel inverted fork:rolleyes: ? is that fork any lighter?
Any way you look at it, anything with 12" of travel is retarded. Bender is the only person i have EVER seen actually ride a bike with a Super Monster, and the only times he rode it were on his infamous attempts at 40-foot-plus drops. Those review are great.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I've seen them used at Whistler a number of times, and everybody I've seen with it has said that they love it on that terrain.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
All I need 7" on both ends. Right now I only have 5" in front. I'm doing pretty well with it. On my hardtail, I feel much more confident on sniper/ type stunts that require a lot of accuracy than a FS freeride bike.

At my friends ranch there is a 25' hill that is about 60-65*. We stacked pallets about 4' high. Then he put an 6'x1' piece of plywood.
He sat on it (showing me howstrong it was); it snapped. -haha

it wasn't completely broken, just a few plys, so it could bend a little. So one side of it was on the hill at the same angle, then the other end went about half way over the pallets. The broken middle part hung lower than the top of the pallet; it was a big angle change (so i put some dirt on it to smooth the tranny.

First try, after a 10min, I skidded too far down the hill and went off i sideways. I was falling off/tangled w/ my bike in thw air, then slid 15' through the dirt. I almost landed on his dog.

I decided to go again, this time w/ less brake. I made it. The whole thing happened so quick (so I wasn't thinking about much doing it); its a fast one.

On a big fr bike, that would have been sketchy.

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
Like that reviewer said, only Bin Laden riding in the mountains of Kabul would do a Supermonster Justice. Bomb craters, mines, A-10's and GI-joe, all crumble when faced with 12inches of Marzocchi terror!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mtnbrider said:
All I need 7" on both ends. Right now I only have 5" in front. I'm doing pretty well with it. On my hardtail, I feel much more confident on sniper/ type stunts that require a lot of accuracy than a FS freeride bike.

At my friends ranch there is a 25' hill that is about 60-65*. We stacked pallets about 4' high. Then he put an 6'x1' piece of plywood.
He sat on it (showing me howstrong it was); it snapped. -haha

it wasn't completely broken, just a few plys, so it could bend a little. So one side of it was on the hill at the same angle, then the other end went about half way over the pallets. The broken middle part hung lower than the top of the pallet; it was a big angle change (so i put some dirt on it to smooth the tranny.

First try, after a 10min, I skidded too far down the hill and went off i sideways. I was falling off/tangled w/ my bike in thw air, then slid 15' through the dirt. I almost landed on his dog.

I decided to go again, this time w/ less brake. I made it. The whole thing happened so quick (so I wasn't thinking about much doing it); its a fast one.

On a big fr bike, that would have been sketchy.
Did you pass 3rd grade English?