Quantcast

Sup

Slum Chemist

Chimp
Jan 11, 2013
East Coast
Haven't posted here in a long time. Been really busy. Since this is a cool forum I'd figured I'd share what going on lately. Over the past year I've lost 165.8 pounds. Yes No f'ing joke.

Pics

Before

after, this year current...154 pounds

Still cycling my heart falls into mtb in which I still have my FS (superfly 100 alpro) and a new HT that's been updated.

New bike before:

after:

Before reading more it's all posted day in day out on huckingkitty. Mods please don't delete.

For those really wanting to know the tears and Shlt how to drop that much weight or moving from cat3 mtb to cat1 giving them a run for their money and I don't really care for road racing I'd probally fall into cat2 or 3. The link to my thread is here: http://huckingkitty.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=453 Awesome write ups of the progress from start to; today. While some might be like eh, whatever some on here might read my post and be f' that I need to be on that level. It's for the good.

Till this day it's nothing about fun, never forgetting what it all started from. Never forgetting someone starts somewhere. Four jobs later I've finally reach a job at a LBS with new on the horizon stores under the owner he wants me to run one of the shops. It's still up in the works about that. Anyhow. I'll check back. Bad or good. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow, that is amazing. Good job!

I too lost quite a bit of weight a few years ago, but unfortunately 70% of it has slowly crept back in. The combination of going back to school, lack of free time, selling one of my bikes, lack of money and to be honest depression has all taken a toll.

Keep on top of it man. What you did is nothing short of pure awesome.

What do you do in the winter? That is one of my biggest struggles. Biking is the one sport that I'm good at and one of the only ones that I really enjoy doing, which leaves a pretty substantial gap in the winter months. I've tried gyms before, but I either dislike the atmosphere, they're too expensive or I run out of motivation to go. Its too easy to just drive past it on the way home and not go back out.

Slum Chemist

Chimp
Jan 11, 2013
East Coast
Thank you everyone. Most of the weight loss was kinda a blessing. 1st was no job. So miles and miles on the road bike where just racked out or lifting. 2nd was the road bike. Never could have been possible with out it. 3rd was dieting. Through the road and that it pretty much fell off and stayed off. While I did take it to the extreme it shows its possible. During the winter months I stuck to a strict indoor trainer regimen and am lucky enough to have a full gym station at home. That definitely payed off once it warmed up. Hopefully it does actually warm up more because it's been brutally cold here in the NE.

Even now working 40-50 hours planning around it, still sticking to a train plain/lifting or just riding. Part of my job now is riding for s-works bikes for charity. 100% profit to local charity's $$$ for the miles I ride. It leave's me with little time. Then again cycling is what rules my world and what I love. Couldn't ask for more.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nice work!

Hard to imagine I was 290ish this time 3 years ago, but I've been 215 for 3 years come Sept. Biking helps a lot, too.

Yay bikes. :fans: