Quantcast

Sun Ringle Abbah rebuild -how to?

mushik

Chimp
May 9, 2007
I'd like to rebuild a Ringle Abbah rear hub - 150 mm - that hasn't been used for a while, and I need some know how:

- what bearings do I need & where from?
- i have some missing parts - one of the 3 pawls with the spring (?!) and the locking nut; there might be other missing parts; i'd appreciate if you can help with a diagramm or exploded view of the hub (i've been searching the entire net and haven't found one..)

- if you have some pics, it would be grrreat ;)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
The Abbah is really a piece of cake to rebuild. Here is a picture of the 135mm broken down.

(click for full size)

1. Undo the nut on the cassette body end of the axle sleeve using a 16mm cone wrench (16mm if I remember correctly).
2. Using a pair of snap ring pliers, remove the snap rings on the disc side of the hub body as well as the snap ring inside the cassette body.
3. Using a soft mallet, and with care, cause the axle sleeve is just aluminum, you are going to have to tap on the end of the axle sleeve to drive it and the disc side bearing out of the hub body.
4. Find a socket small enough to fit through the end of the cassette body and pound out those bearings.

I forget the bearing numbers at the moment, I'll check around later and see if I wrote them down somewhere.

2xplosive

Chimp
May 23, 2008
yea a self rebuild is > then paying $80 i think it is to have a bike shop rebuild it. But then again if you want it done professionally its probably the way to go.

You need tools right?