Quantcast

Sun. Apr. 13 to Tuesday April 15, Rothrock: The first Roving Lunatics Tour

I was just about to post about the hunting, but saw that jdcamb already did. Probably cool to ride Sat. afternoon/evening; as was said, mornings are the huntiest. Sunday is ours.

What time will folks be arriving on Saturday. You thinking big ride Sunday, maybe an Allegrippis recovery ride on Monday? I'm working on getting Monday off to hang a little longer.
We'll follow your lead since you have local knowledge. No idea when people will dribble in on Saturday - we'll know better as the date approaches.

I was just about to post about the hunting, but saw that jdcamb already did. Probably cool to ride Sat. afternoon/evening; as was said, mornings are the huntiest. Sunday is ours.

What time will folks be arriving on Saturday. You thinking big ride Sunday, maybe an Allegrippis recovery ride on Monday? I'm working on getting Monday off to hang a little longer.
So I'm confused - who hunts what in April? Most heavy artillery-style hunting is in the fall up here.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Spring Turkey season?

edit: Nope, doesn't start until May 3. Not sure what, if anything is in season, we may be in the clear

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
My friend and I plan to head from the Bronx to Brevard 4/5. Not sure if we're doing the red-eye push or making an intermediate stop, so will arrive 5th or 6th. Odds are that we'll try to get two riding days in. Still a little bit fluid.
If you have the time, plan to stop at Devil's Backbone Brewing Co. in VA. They're not far from the 81/64E interchange. Great beer and they may be able to give you the lowdown on trail conditions in their area.

Still trying to get a hold of someone that's been out at Rothrock. I'll let you know what I hear.

If you have the time, plan to stop at Devil's Backbone Brewing Co. in VA. They're not far from the 81/64E interchange. Great beer and they may be able to give you the lowdown on trail conditions in their area.

Still trying to get a hold of someone that's been out at Rothrock. I'll let you know what I hear.
Thanks, looks as though it'll work on the Brevard to Douthat run.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So what exactly is the schedule for the 13-15? Sounds like Rothrock on the 13th, but where are you going to ride Monday and Tuesday? I might be in for Sunday and/or Monday depending on locations and time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
weather is looking GREAT for sunday.

supposed to be some rain in that area today, but none tomorrow. 70° tomorrow and 80° on sunday.

18.7 miles, 3,467' of climbing.
  • Tobacco House Ridge north
  • Huff’s north
  • Backway Hollow north
  • Salt Stump west
  • Middle Mountain south
  • Stony Run south
  • Tuscarora Overlook north
  • Blue Suck Falls south
  • Locust Gap south
  • Beard’s Gap east
  • Flat run south