Quantcast

sugarbush race

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
So..... i was rebuilding my 40 tonight, nothing like the last min, and i found out my fork is hosed. Anyone know if the fox guys will be down here and not bromont. Not likely i know. Anyone have a spare fork they can let me borrow, rent, or i can buy from them?

Thanks,

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
What specifically is wrong with your fork? Those things are extremely serviceable.

Find a shop (that's a Fox dealer and has parts) in the Sugarbush area, or somewhere along your way and you should be able to rebuild it. They aren't really all that complex. If it's your cartridge, that's rebuild-able too. The Fox service rep came into my shop a while ago and showed me how to rebuild the entire Fox line, and the 40's are actually pretty simple. Fox's website has extremely detailed instructions on how to service 40's and rebuild the cartridge.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
its actully a bent/cracked part. Leaks oil like a siv. know the cap that holds the bladder, its that peice.

yeah, 40 takes about 45min, if you properly bleed the cart :) i do love that about the fork

Last edited:

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
yeah, i musta hit the ls/hs adjuster on a rock and bent it.

theres a fox guy at the race i hear, so i will need to talk with him tomarrow :)