Quantcast

Stump Grinder DC - Trail Work Days

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So we have some confirmed locals that will be helping us this weekend out at the Stump Grinder Dirt Club building the new DH and starting on the new XC addition! Tony, Terri, Paul, Josh and Katie, then there is Marshall who will be bringing some of the Village Dirt Bags from the Vandenberg Village area. What are your plans? We will be there both Saturday and Sunday.

Remember, our trails are conflict free, there are no other users (except the cattle, and they move out of the area quickly), the DH is shuttle-able all day long, most of the XC trails are in fine shape! All we ask for is some help creating new trails in the morning hours, then you can eat hotdogs and go ride! Bring shovels, picks, McLoeds & Pilazkis if you got ‘em, your bike and water! There is no XC racing this weekend, the road events are CBR races way south or drive all the way to Merced, in the DH world I see nothing on the calendar! So come have fun in the Santa Ynez Valley with us!

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker – Owner

SG Productions – www.ridesb.com

Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance – May 15th - 18th, 2008

220 Arden Road

Santa Barbara, CA 93105

(805) 896-0673

hecktone1@cox.net

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ok 12 Noon, 6 people, 3 bridges and two birms built on the new DH! Special thanks to the Village Dirt Bags, and Marshall!

Tomorrow we're here too! Hotdogs being served in seconds ... then riding!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Here are some pics from todays bridge building session on the new DH Run #2! The new course is really starting to come together. But there's still a lot to do, so we'll be back tomorrow to build some of the upper sections. Now who's going to join us?

Attachments

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ok Sunday 3/2 @11:07 ...

Tony, Terri, Paul, Bruce and Pete, thanks for making it. We accomplished quite a bit of roughing in the top of the DH course. All that is really left to do is the building of features as there is almost a complete line to the trail now, we may want to knock down the upslope lip of the trail cut a bit. There is plenty of dirt to harvest for building jumps and birms. The course is about a mile long, and a fat slow poke XC rider (me) rode it in 4:45. So expect the fastest time to be 3:00+. That's a winner to me, since the DH Course #1 was like a 1:30. Longer and more technical!

Our next build weekend is the Easter Weekend, March 21-23. Here is the deal if it's good weather anyone who wants to camp Friday and Saturday night and willing to dig in the mornings and then ride is welcome to make a weekend of it. Bring the family! There will be a BBQ lunch each day.

Hope to see a bunch of the DH crowd here that weekend. I'll post more pics later.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
So clear the calendar, blow off knapps or tunnel, give the hikers a weekend off, steal the keys from dad for the RV, or pitch your tent, bring the family if you have one. Starting Friday and going through Easter Sunday the deal is that anyone who wants do work in the mornings for at least 4 hours can ride in the afternoon and into the evening, then camp Friday and Saturday nights!

FREE FIREWOOD!

There is a lot to do, fence building, dual slalom and DH grooming.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Hecky :lighten:

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
I'd go but my parents would kill me. Haha!

Haha at your parents or me for tying to get something good done for you DH guys? The only DH people that have shown up are M-Dub and Tony D, then everything else on that new course has been done by XC riders, like Amanda, G-Man, Nils and some of the Village Dirt Bags.

Come up on Saturday! Not bitter just want more participation form the local DH community and less selfishness. :plthumbsdown:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
It's not selfishness, that just happens to be the biggest day of my religion. All the other times I have either been working or been out of town. Trust me, I would love to help and I'll make it up there sometime soon.

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
It's not selfishness, that just happens to be the biggest day of my religion. All the other times I have either been working or been out of town. Trust me, I would love to help and I'll make it up there sometime soon.
Look, I'm not singling you out, and I'm not making light of your religion ... sorry if it came across that way.

I just need HELP to get this done and to do it right. So far we have Marshall, Gman, Pat, Amanda, Josh and a few others for the weekend. We need more people.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Look, I'm not singling you out, and I'm not making light of your religion ... sorry if it came across that way.

I just need HELP to get this done and to do it right. So far we have Marshall, Gman, Pat, Amanda, Josh and a few others for the weekend. We need more people.
That's cool. I know you're not singling me out.

My friend is comming in town to ride that weekend now, so I got Sat. off. I'm going to try to talk him into helping you guys out! Looks like I should be able to get a decent group together to come on out there.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Oopsies...plans are now iffy since members (including myself and Traver) are now sick :(

Ughhhh, Traver got it from his mom and I got it from traver. If I'm feeling good then i'll still be out there, but we'll see...i soooo wasn't planning on this!!!

hecktone

Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Santa Barbara
Ok, so we had 15 people today and got a lot accomplished! Tons of quality work on the DH and a lot of the fence built around the Dual Slalom! Will post pics tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow we will be here again on Easter, please join us if you can get away.

Thanks to everyone who came up to help!

mh
:banghead:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thanks! The race is in 2 weeks! We need to get those tabletops and other berms built. We should get a bunch of people together to build next Tuesday. That's my only day that's free up until the race.

m-dub

Chimp
Aug 10, 2006
Thanks! The race is in 2 weeks! We need to get those tabletops and other berms built. We should get a bunch of people together to build next Tuesday. That's my only day that's free up until the race.
Ok, let me get this stright. we should get a bunch of people who have jobs to take a day off and work (because you have a free tues.) then we could all dig while you take pictures:) Wow, great idea.:plthumbsdown:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ok, let me get this stright. we should get a bunch of people who have jobs to take a day off and work (because you have a free tues.) then we could all dig while you take pictures:) Wow, great idea.:plthumbsdown:
:lighten: :think: ....pictures are important! Night dig?

Dude, you're free everyday ... :spam:
I wish. :rofl:

So...will the race coming up be on the new course? I wouldn't really call it 'ready'.