Quantcast

Streaming Le Tour

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Got rid of cable :weee: which is nice but man I have no idea how I'm going to watch The Tour. Anybody know of any place I can stream the Tour De France this year?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
NBCSports usually has a thing where you can pay $30 and get everything streamed online. It's good because you can get EVERYTHING, even more than they're showing on TV (you get a stock feed from the beginning of each race with a couple of different announcers until Bob and Phil show up). Not sure if you can get that with a cable subscription username/password or not, but that also might be something to try (ie, bribe some friends to get their login).

Otherwise my go-to is www.cyclingtorrents.nl. Every stage usually gets uploaded by ~4pm Eastern or so in a variety of different formats, and so from there you can download and watch it in glorious HD with the commercials already removed. I'll warn you, though, the files are pretty big (5-6gb for 720p) and the site requires that you maintain a 1-1 ratio of upload to downloads. My ISP probably *hates* me right about that time of year... :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
steephill.tv for all things road racing. Not the best quality stream but always several options to choose between from the Euro Sport feeds.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
NBCSports usually has a thing where you can pay $30 and get everything streamed online. It's good because you can get EVERYTHING, even more than they're showing on TV (you get a stock feed from the beginning of each race with a couple of different announcers until Bob and Phil show up). Not sure if you can get that with a cable subscription username/password or not, but that also might be something to try (ie, bribe some friends to get their login).

Otherwise my go-to is www.cyclingtorrents.nl. Every stage usually gets uploaded by ~4pm Eastern or so in a variety of different formats, and so from there you can download and watch it in glorious HD with the commercials already removed. I'll warn you, though, the files are pretty big (5-6gb for 720p) and the site requires that you maintain a 1-1 ratio of upload to downloads. My ISP probably *hates* me right about that time of year... :)

Cool thanks! I don't mind spending a few bucks to watch it so I'll go with NBC. I hate to say it but I like Phil Legget.