Quantcast

Straitline or MRP?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
@norbar it looks from the picture that you could adjust the guide out a bit more as it says to in the instructions to have the ring be flush with the outside of the polymer guides
Yes you can adjust the guide. You get adjustment spacers for it but the instruction I got made me think it should be above the slider. Still lots of place for adjustment so run it as you like

i havent run a gamut on my dh bike so i cant say anything on the toughness of the ring, but i have one waiting to be used on my super d bike. i have put them on others bikes, very simple. i live in the desert so thick mud is not something that i see. the straitline is also simple and the person that is using it is not a regular or hard rider but i am sure it will hold up just fine. i think they make some of the best pedals.

Straitline behaves great in mud. I rode it in wet mud, dust and mud so thick the tires turn into mud balls and you can't even walk, let alone ride.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
not so recent post, just wodering if the silent is still tried and true?
I think mine is 4 or 5 years old on my DH bike and still on the original guides, no complaints here. There is definitely a little extra drag since I went to a clutch derailleur but it's my DH bike so I don't care.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
not so recent post, just wodering if the silent is still tried and true?
7 years and I'm only on my 3rd pair of sliders. Would be on 2nd if I didn't spend the last 2 years alternating between mud bogs and sand bogs. Tbh I could still use my 2nd pair but I had a spare pair. It's great.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
Awesome!! Been freaquent and so tired of being ripped off on e13 and mrp parts. I ordered an extra straightline lower slider (only $8.00).
The company very good to work with, swapped the bashring for another color ( no extra charge).I decided to give the straightline amp pedals too.
i wish i looked into this some years ago, have wasted money and headaches.

Thank you! Same monkeys, different days

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
You just reminded me I need a new set of pedals. Had a deal on the amps in the local shop, need to ask them if they still stock them since it was in march. If not I'm let with doing some pin shenanigans in my twenty6

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Check out the Straitline website - looks like they're doing a full inventory blowout. I loved their parts, so hoping they refresh the line with some newer stuff. The Amp pedals were a little small for me, but their stems and guides were ace.