Quantcast

stoked! on that fallguy

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Tonic Fab Fallguy v3 Coated frame
Fork: Manitou GL2 65mm xtra stiff spring mod. Tree top cap.
Headset: Odyssey
Bars: Tonic 2.25"
Stem: Thomson 4x
Grips: Mosh thin
Brake: Tektro V, sabre hinge lever, kool stops
Cable: Odyssey linear
Cranks: Profile GDH 170mm
Sprocket: S&M Tuffman 30T
Chain: KMC 510HX
Pedals: Trailmix Mag
Seat: S&M Thin rail
Clamp: Profile
Front Wheel: Boxxer non disc 20mm/DT double butted spoke/Rhynolite XL (32H)
Rear Wheel: Profile mini, 3/8 race axle, 11T Ti driver/Rhynolite XL (36H)
Bluesix bolts with 14mm step. Simple wheel slammers.
Tires: Schwalbe tabletop 2.25 Front, Tioga FS100 2.1 Rear
Weight: 25

bars cut to 28. starnut with tree cap. fork was lowered to 65mm w/ tool&die spring. full time fun

best decal. made in garage pdx haha.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wow is that clean man...love it

extra style points for the front hub, if anyone has one of those i would love to buy it...pm me

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Hope Im not thread-jacking... but heres the current progress. Need to drop the fork and lace up the profile hubs, should be done by end of the week. Ill post up glamour shots when shes done.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey Tim, the bike is lookin good!

Boxxer, I just made a little fork swap which makes your bike look an awful lot like my bike. Are you gonna slam that thing? When I get some time this week I'm gonna talk through the process, super easy, rides awesome!

Fallguys rule!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Oh, it won't be exactly the same, just the Mint fork and frame aspect. I'm gonna wait till I get my crank situation taken care of, but then I'll post updated pics.

I really like your bike, it looks sweet!

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
damn it this bike is sweet. its better then your first cup of coffee in the morning. i'll post in this thread every morning until i get my own fresh new fally gizuy.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
nah. bought the hub off t1maglio. thanks again for that.

thanks bros, the bike rips.
hah, looks it. i'm soooo diggin the lumberjack junior. i almost bought one with the matching padset.

i had the EXACT same front wheel on my 'guy.

that thing feel better on the trails than the v2?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Have you ridden that schwalbe front tire on dirt yet?

Any thoughts?
yes, i've been on that tire almost a year. tire is amazing on dirt. size is perfect, knobs aren't too big but they grip crazy in the berms. it's pretty sweet on street and ramps as well.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I'm going to double up on that. I rode mine for the first time on dirt this weekend. We had gotten a lot of rain, and it wasn't muddy, but it was just slightly dryer then that. I was carving some really tight berms at a good rate of speed, not to mention jumping through some stuff and the tire never lost traction once. I love it!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Damn - that bike is so dialed.... Demo/FSA/Knight crank setup, 32H Boxxer/RhinoLite front wheel, TT/FS100 tire combo, Profile bolt-on (instead of nuts) hubs. Very nice build Stoked :thumbs:

BTW, I'll keep a good eye on your old FallGuy and make sure Charlie and it get plenty of dirt time. I might even have a present for Charlie when I get back home as he was inquiring about 22.2" riser bars. You'll have to get down to NJ this summer for sure.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Damn - that bike is so dialed.... Demo/FSA/Knight crank setup, 32H Boxxer/RhinoLite front wheel, TT/FS100 tire combo, Profile bolt-on (instead of nuts) hubs. Very nice build Stoked :thumbs:

BTW, I'll keep a good eye on your old FallGuy and make sure Charlie and it get plenty of dirt time. I might even have a present for Charlie when I get back home as he was inquiring about 22.2" riser bars. You'll have to get down to NJ this summer for sure.
yeah don that bike better not get cobwebs haha.

def gonna head down to jerz. i'm dying to see what you guys are working on.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I've long been looking for a MTB that will feel like a 20", so far this is the only thing, 26" bikes, no matter how good they are really can't get the same sensation, they are just to big.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
damn it this bike is sweet. its better then your first cup of coffee in the morning. i'll post in this thread every morning until i get my own fresh new fally gizuy.
LOL! Indeed.

Stoked's bike looks as delicious as the egg sammich Landon posted in the Tonic blog a while back. Anyone else notice the craftsmanship in that breakfast nosh? Mouth watering just thinking about it.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
haha, I just saw that table pic on the other site and was hoping you posted it over here for people to see. The trails are looking amazing - you've got quite a few people riding there too.