Quantcast

Stevens then Duval 4/6

Jun 18, 2004
I usually end up doing this one this time of year...

Drive my truck up to stevens to snowboard 1 last time and bring a bike... leave at noon and stop off and ride Duval on the way back...

It would be cool to do this w/somebody else...

Pm me if intrested... I know this is late notice and all...

I'm going to leave Seattle after I drop off something at the Post Office when it opens in the morning... should be at Stevens by 9 or so...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
There's (2) "Ls" in "Duvall" guys... :)

Sounds like a plan, I have not been out there yet this spring but I have a tractor coming over that day. Hmm, more dirt for the pump track around the DJs???

Report please. I should be able to hit it Sunday.

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I was out there in Duvall a few weeks ago and the begining section still has a few trees down from the wind storm but once you pass the wall ride it's good till the bottom. Enjoy.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I was out there in Duvall a few weeks ago and the begining section still has a few trees down from the wind storm but once you pass the wall ride it's good till the bottom. Enjoy.
its all cleared now. but whoever put in that new ladder drop at the top is an idiot. you'll see what i mean when you see it

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
its all cleared now. but whoever put in that new ladder drop at the top is an idiot. you'll see what i mean when you see it
Just because you can't hit something doesn't mean you should complain. Its not finished yet anyway, if it doesn't work out it will get modified. Maybe you could help, if your not allergic to building and maintaining. Not to mention the biggest reason that you don't have a right to complain is that I know you have done none of the work on that trail after the wind storm, and there was a lot to do; actually there still is a lot to do. Next time say "Thank you for cleaning up a trail, it will be interesting to see how that stunt turns out."

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I have to admit, I looked at that ladder drop and wondered what you guys were thinking. There were a couple other riders on the trail that commented on the strange placement, but if you guys can hit it, props to you. The trail was clear from top to bottom and everything was nicely drained. Nice of you guys for putting in the hard work. It doesn't go unappreciated.

Jun 18, 2004
Report please. I should be able to hit it Sunday.
Most of the dead fall is cleared...

let us know what you think of the ladder drop at the top... seem's like a trip to the ER to me... but I could be wrong...

I just hope nobody has to find that out the hard way...

morvo11

Chimp
Jun 6, 2006
Washington
yea me and my buddy stinky built that stunt..went out yesterday, and it just needs a lil mod then it will be hittable...no one else does anywork up there so we thought we would put something interesting in...it does look big but definately doable. PRollly gonna hit it today......

Jun 18, 2004
yea me and my buddy stinky built that stunt..went out yesterday, and it just needs a lil mod then it will be hittable...no one else does anywork up there so we thought we would put something interesting in...it does look big but definately doable. PRollly gonna hit it today......
looks really well built... just the landing seems a bit far off...

morvo11

Chimp
Jun 6, 2006
Washington
it is not finished yet..however we were out there the other day, and the original trail builder said he was gonna cut it down... I don't care if they cut it but i wish they would give us another week to finish. If he does cut it out, it wouold be awesome if he cut that other log out that you have t duck under...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Everybodies "claimin' it" Kevin! Don't you know?

It's nothing like it was just a year or two ago. Seems like so many noobs to the spot are into "modifying" and "making things better".

Now you know how Thom feels when he hears about the ToP trails....

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Odd, I haven't been out there in over a year?
Thats what I thought. I am pretty sure I have met a few of the builders, but I had never seen this guy before. Just to set the record strait we never had the intention to modify the trail, mother nature did that, we just saw an opportunity to build something where the trail was unrideable.

Jun 18, 2004
high consequence is right... I say either move the landing in closer or dismantle it...

the bridge to the advanced course is falling apart... maybe take some of the pieces from the new ladder drop and use them on the falling apart ladder... or not