Quantcast

Starter BMX

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
i want a bmx bike, something that i wont have to spend all my money on. it needs to be decently light, preferably <25lbs, and a shorter TT, like 20, 20.25 or shorter. max 21.5". i want to cruise around, and be able to learn some basic tricks.

Mutt

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Lost on Long Island
Well, I don't have any specific model suggestions for you, but my recommendation is to set your budget as the very first thing. Then find the best complete bike you can for within that budget, don't worry about specific components, go for the overall package. Then as you break parts, or they piss you off, replace them with what you like the most or can afford. In a year or two, you probably won't have any of the bike you initially bought left, but you will have one that suits you well......................... at least that is how it worked for me :)

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
budget of roughly 300$, probably 250$. i have a bmx right now, its a sh*tty ars Iron Horse i got at Sportchek 2 years back, and am now getting a STP2 soon, but still want to have a bmx. the bmx i have now will go to my cottage for crusin' around.

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
<$300. i know its low, but its wat i'm gunna have extra, and i'm havin second thoughts about a STP2 for some reason. watever if i dont get one its only gunna be in a while.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
Eastern Completes are great rides, I was riding a Metalhead for awhile and it felt great. Tomorrow I am building up my Element. try to get something with a 100% chromoly frame, 3 piece cranks, and a cassette hub

RyanOvertime

Chimp
Jul 4, 2007
ill sell you a Eastern Jane custom built for $300 PM me for info.

eastern jane frame
crap forks (i think redline, i dont remember they were donated)
eastern atom bars
primo grips
dirty harry lever
arsenal stem (local company from S.f. cali)
federal cranks
eastern headset
eastern 48 spoke front wheel sealed
blacked out 48 spoke rear wheel sealed
animal glh on the front
kenda kovert on the rear
shadow seat post
odyssey clamp
primo seat
snafu sealed pedals (i know it has primos on it those or going on my other bike)
fit sproket
casset hub, i dont rememer the gearing..

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
ive never weighed it... never a concern for me. i know the fork is heavy though
there is no way thats custom built...it has like rust all over it and looks terrible...def. not worth the 300$$( maybe you should learn how to customize bikes :lighten: :disgust1: