Quantcast

Specialized Suspension

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Anyone here go to Dirt demo at IB and ride the new specialized suspension? Thoughs and comparisons?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive heard mixed things so far. Mostly Ive heard that there fork and shock need a little work. Specailized even admitted it and said they will be fixing the problems before production hits the market. Never fear, just be patient and the big S will make things right.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I read from NSMB that it felt "woody".

I also heard from some XC guy it felt "amazing".

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
I'm pretty certain they will work well when they are released, just means delivery dates are being pushed back. But atleast they should be good when they do come out.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Dude said it was set up properly, but if it was, the stuff is crap. Who cares how light it is if the suspension has no rebound damping?

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ive heard mixed things so far. Mostly Ive heard that there fork and shock need a little work. Specailized even admitted it and said they will be fixing the problems before production hits the market. Never fear, just be patient and the big S will make things right.
...except for the paintjob :brow:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Ditto on the fugging paint thing. Hell, the entire Demo line! What's with all the pregnant looking bikes? I just sold my Demo VERY RELUCTANTLY cuz if I don't like my Enduro, then I'm screwed unless I can find a pre-07 Demo again.
I dunno, I guess I see forks in the same way I see Drivetrain components. Notice not every company on the market makes their own derailleurs and such??? I think suspension should be left to the experienced as well. I don't know why Specialized feels the need to stamp the "S" on every component on their bikes, but they're gonna burn themselves out of business this way. I think they've made some bad descisions this year. Case in Point: The Demo line...?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the important question is...

is s-branded suspension going to matter? is it going to be only OEM available for specialized products? aftermarket availablity for their bikes only? are they going to try and push it as OEM to other companies?

personally, i'll stay with marzocchi.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I remember when Specialized had some forks out in the mid-late 90's and they weren't that hot then! I 'think' they only produced thier own line of suspension forks for 2 years before they quit. I do wonder how much progress they have made since then..... I guess this next year will tell us

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
They have pretty much nothing in common with their old forks. The "spike valve" theory sounds pretty cool but I won't be clamoring to buy one of their products anytime soon.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I remember when Specialized had some forks out in the mid-late 90's and they weren't that hot then! I 'think' they only produced thier own line of suspension forks for 2 years before they quit. I do wonder how much progress they have made since then..... I guess this next year will tell us
it was longer than 2 years, since RS made carbon legged judys for Specialized from '96-'97(?) and there were a number of Future shock badged mag 21, quadra 21/10's and the carbon/ti version of the mag 21. I don't believe any of these ever made OEM appearnaces on major manufacturer's bikes. the high end carbon renditions popped up here and there on a lot of high end build kits for smaller companies. they were quite popular aftermarket upgrades around here. I had one of the carbon Judy's it came with an S-works FSR frame kit I bought as a freshman in HS.