Quantcast

Specialized Roval SL Wheels?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
OP is asking about specialized carbon trail bike rims.

the DH rivals are sun inferno 30's i believe.

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
roval dh, are aluminum rims, right?

i was asking about the carbon am wheels because i intend to build up a lightweight enduro sx and they seem to be a nice fit for that bike.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I've been happy with my aluminum version of the same roval wheels, if its any help. The hubs have held up and are easily convertible to different axle sizes. Do the carbon versions have a warranty like Enve's?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Just to clarify, our Roval DH rims use a custom extrusion designed and developed in-house.
Which is made for specialized by sun and sun now also sells aftermarket as the inferno 30?

Just what I was told at interbike. Please correct if wrong.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The roval rims that came on my '12 demo have held up good so far idk if their the exact same ones....
That's strange. I've seen 2 friends demolish theirs on one day on a very mellow tracks and usually they get away with very light wheels. They seemed very plastic when we played with the rim.

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
Which is made for specialized by sun and sun now also sells aftermarket as the inferno 30?

Just what I was told at interbike. Please correct if wrong.
Well I'm just a tire guy, so I could be wrong too. I'm not even sure who manufactures Sun rims.

I don't see an Inferno 30, but the profiles that Sun publish for the Inferno 29 and 31 don't match the Roval DH rims I have on my bike.

If it did work out that way though, it wouldn't be the first time our vendors took our designs for themselves.

...but manufactured offshore, no?
Of course.

Last edited: