Quantcast

Specialized Feedback?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Those tires look like a good option. . . .
I ordered some 24" rhythm lites this week! I have run them on my 26" bike, they are nice tires. Light and fast.

HIGH-END PERFORMANCE - DIRT/STREET
Your terrain can vary from skate parks to city streets and often ends with a session at the trails. That requires a tire like the Rhythm with a fast-rolling center section, but larger and deeper shoulder knobs for better traction in the dirt.

* Casing: 420/D1 for 15% improved cut resistance
* Bead: Aramid
* Center Compound: 60a / Shoulder Compound: 50a
* 24" x 2.2 max. PSI 85, approx. weight 510g

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Looks more like the Specialized Model C. Stays look long, top tube looks short, bb looks high... and I don't know anything about Reynolds tubing.

Does look pretty slick though... cruisers are on the comeback!

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i have that tire on the front. its tits, pump it to 80 psi and its super light, might get one for the rear but im liking my 1.85 holy roller quite a bit.

and jeremy i was thinkin the exact same thing

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
I'm pretty picky about geometry too... I designed my first custom frame in '89, and have always paid attention to angles and dimensions on my bikes.

The cruiser pictured is supposedly just a prototype, and the final frame will be a bit different. Hopefully the TT and wheelbase gets a little longer. It looks pretty decent though, the CS is not horribly long, which is the biggest drawback to 90% of the cruisers that have come before.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
looks like the "hey this is just a secret proto" is exactly the production bike...

Specialized P.24
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=52714&scid=1000&scname=Dirt%2FPark%2FStreet

75.5 head angle--gotta be a typo

Size 21.6

Seat Tube Length, Center to Top 266.7mm

Top Tube Length (Horizontal) 579mm

Top Tube Length (Actual) 548.6mm

Bottom Bracket Height 332.7mm

Chainstay Length 383.5mm

Seat Tube Angle 72°

Head Tube Angle 75.5°

Rake 36mm

Wheel Base 978mm

Head Tube Length 110mm

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
hard to argue with that pricepoint but i feel much happier with my liquid that was tried and true by some real shredders pre-production, and an entire season earlier. numbers for the geo look ok for this bike, but only ok. HA is a touch steep, bb a bit high, and cs a tad long. being able to build up my frame this last spring, with good parts and the knowledge that all of us at ridemonkey gave input on what would make a tits bike, makes the p.24 seem like an impulse buy compared to the perfect build that i have with my liquid.

oh, and specialized bikes are all flexy as hell, and half those components would be replaced immediately