Quantcast

Specialized 2005 SX?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
UiUiUiUi said:
ok the search function did not come up with anything regarding this frame.
sorry if i missed the right thread.

anybody already tried this frame, or owns one?
any first impressions?

thanks a lot

btw here's the link
http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=9685&JServSessionIdroot=dzfs5yhdcs.j27008
Sweet bike. I've had the chance to ride both the '04 and the all new '05 frames. I rode a 2004 for about a year and loved it, great geometry and killer looks. Only problem I ran into was durability, I snapped my chainstays and that was that. I got to ride Powells SX for a bit at our local jumps. Even though it was too small for me and had custom geometry blah blah, it felt noticeably stiffer and the rear suspension felt smoother more progressive. We have an '05 Frame sitting in our shop and I examine it almost daily, The chainstays are asymetrical and look to be more durable, the '05 is also lighter than the '04. I'm seriously thinking of picking a '05 SX up as my Mountaincross weapon. Hopefully this kinda helps :thumb:

-ALF

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Fonzie18 said:
Sweet bike. I've had the chance to ride both the '04 and the all new '05 frames. I rode a 2004 for about a year and loved it, great geometry and killer looks. Only problem I ran into was durability, I snapped my chainstays and that was that. I got to ride Powells SX for a bit at our local jumps. Even though it was too small for me and had custom geometry blah blah, it felt noticeably stiffer and the rear suspension felt smoother more progressive. We have an '05 Frame sitting in our shop and I examine it almost daily, The chainstays are asymetrical and look to be more durable, the '05 is also lighter than the '04. I'm seriously thinking of picking a '05 SX up as my Mountaincross weapon. Hopefully this kinda helps :thumb:

-ALF
yeah it helped :)
what price is your shop asking for it?