Quantcast

songs to hear when DH'ing...

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coheed and Cambria, Rise Against, Mr Bungle, Butch Walker, Ben Folds and Mozart

Can you tell I have a regular playlist? :D

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
BOy my list would be very long but here's a few:

Alexis onFire is an absolute must followed by The Sessions, The Blakes, VAST, HotHotHeat PeopleUnderThe Stairs,For the Mathematics,Emery, Silversunpickup StereoLab,Mobile.......

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I cant ride with music. I even have a hard time riding with a headband to keep my ears warm on the xc bike. I've gotten used to hearing certain sounds on my bike, and I start making mistakes when I don't hear them. I save music for the drive there and back.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Slayer (this thread shouldn't make it into the 2nd page w/o them, IMHO) and Ministry are pretty key, also any up-tempo electronic and hip-hop stuff keep me charging.

MY mp3 player has a small speaker so I pop the headphones on for the push up and then rock the speaker on the way down. Works great...I can totally hear everything from the bike as well as some kick-ass tunes!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Metal Riding Playlist: Slayer, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, Into Eternity, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Mudvayne, Pantera, RATM, Judas Priest, Rammstein, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Stuck Mojo, Ministry, Clutch, Exodus, Incubus

Electronic Riding Playlist: The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, Propellerheads, Rob Life, Quantic

Rap Riding Playlist: Eminem, Sweatshop Union, Lexicon, Run DMC, Styles of Beyond, Swollen Members, Cypress Hill, Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, The Beastie Boys, Erik B. & Rakim, Gang starr, Dr. Octagon

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Metal Riding Playlist: Slayer, Rob Zombie, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, Into Eternity, Anthrax, Fear Factory, Mudvayne, Pantera, RATM, Judas Priest, Rammstein, Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Stuck Mojo, Ministry, Clutch, Exodus, Incubus

Electronic Riding Playlist: The Prodigy, The Crystal Method, Propellerheads, Rob Life, Quantic

Rap Riding Playlist: Eminem, Sweatshop Union, Lexicon, Run DMC, Styles of Beyond, Swollen Members, Cypress Hill, Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, The Beastie Boys, Erik B. & Rakim, Gang starr, Dr. Octagon
Looks like Madonna would fit nicely on that list.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
The best song hands down when on a flowy trail...

Against Me! - Thrash Unreal

Seriously, give it a shot, the tempo starts out slow as you get worked into the trail and slowly gets faster and faster, I find myself in a dead pin mode no matter how tired I am...

And yes, tons of rise against!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The best song hands down when on a flowy trail...

Against Me! - Thrash Unreal

Seriously, give it a shot, the tempo starts out slow as you get worked into the trail and slowly gets faster and faster, I find myself in a dead pin mode no matter how tired I am...

And yes, tons of rise against!
Its funny, I have mucho against me on my Ipod but the song is middle of the road for me.

The cat empire is pretty chill, thats what I have been rocking out to when I ride.

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
To get me pumped up, definetly Cry of the Blackbirds by Amon Amarth.

Embed doesnt want to work so heres the link.

Last edited:

MisterMental

Monkey
Jul 26, 2002
UK
hilltop hoods, beastie boys, ugly duckling, swollen members, aspects, dj shadow, dj format, dj z-trip. the list is almost endless especially if you put it on repeat playlist....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
most certainly disco inferno by the trammps. if that doesn't get you excited about riding a bike, then i don't know what will.

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
TOOL - Lateralus, TOOL- The Grudge.
Shpongle-DMT, Shpongle-My Head Feels Like A Frisbee.
A Perfect Circle-Passive, A Perfect Circle-Judith.
Pink Floyd-Any Colour You Like.
Those are great but the list would go for ever.

nickpro

Chimp
Nov 18, 2008
My DH playlist. In my right ear. (headphones)

Sum 41- still waiting
Murders- John Frusciante
Give it all- rise against
Christian Emcee, what?- E-Roc
The kids aren't alright- Offspring
Calling all cars- Senses fail
Ready to fall- Rise against
Take me to the hospital- the faint
Rookie- Boy sets fire
Numb- Alice in videoland
My hero- Foo fighters
Gone away- offspring
Look at me- Villeuve & M83
the blue blooded- Hilltop hoods
O Fortuna- some classical composer

Salty_T_Dog

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Logan, UT
I forgot some of my essentials.
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child, Machine Gun.
Every now again some Metallica - The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters.

Oh yeah when I'm in a crazy mood I listen to some Mars Volta

I

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Dragonforce. No amount of training and practice can beat Through the fire in the flames, revolution deathsquad, operation ground and pound, or the entire Ultra Beatdown album.