Quantcast

Someone has a chainsaw ...and not afraid to use it!

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
On Saturday's ride ... we were out exploring ...a trail off the beaten path.. stumbled on to this art work.

Tree2.jpgTree3.jpgTree1.jpg

I have no great skills, but I went for it and pedaled up that skinny thru her legs and enjoyed the treat on the other side.
Rode it twice ... there was a lil pucker factor coming down onto the log from 4 ft up. :thumb:

Tree4.jpg

Then we found another piece of work.
Someone cut a log right down the middle and made 2 log rides out of it.
I tried that sharp turn ... and recieved an F. :rolleyes:

Pretty cool ... someone put some work in...for all to enjoy.
Fun finding the Easter eggs out on the trail.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Law of averages. We got killed the last 2 years, but only ~9" so far this winter. :thumb:
Hey man ... I have to give you props to you Steve.
Steve is my riding buddy ... and nothing better than a guy that rides well and has great memory for trails and the best direct to take em. Always patient when I routinely ask him "Hey ...have we been on this trail before?" :think:
Alzheimer's is not just for the old anymore! :thumb:

Where were you guys riding?
Hi Eammon ... we were riding Lowell\Dracut.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Damn, I was out there last weekend and didn't see the new one in the first pics. Took a few passes on the Y shaped one though as its on a main trial and was having a blast. Is that first feature anywhere near the Y logride?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Sweet. The forest service would have ****ing conniption if they saw that here.
The guys in that chapter of NEMBA have great relationships with the land managers in their area. :thumb:

The trees that are getting made into skinnies are ones that came down in storms, not being cut down just to create features. I suspect (and hope) there will be more, as we had a lot of trees come down between the remnants of the hurricane and the freak October snow storm.