Quantcast

Some Windrock Shots

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
There's a few of these so I didn't want to clog up the SE photo thread. Mostly from Southern Rocks.

I have some more but I don't feel like typing too much one handed.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Sweet pictures, looks fun. I had my first encounter of some boone rocks today. Sucks about your shoulder Mulestar.
Right on...hope you enjoyed it. I got it xrayed and the collarbone isn't broken, it just jacked up the old fracture enough to make it feel like that I guess. I should be fine in a couple weeks.

Uphiller

Chimp
Jul 24, 2002
I'll have my first ride up there this weekend. It's only 1/2 hour away, but never been there....yet.

trebor

Chimp
Aug 23, 2008
be out in Oct, can't wait.
same here, me and a couple buddies are going on the week of the 12th. plan on camping out and havin fun. how does it work?? is it a connection of trails?? still kind of confused on the system (it says 150 miles, but we just want downhill / the exciting elements)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The DH trails are a collection of about 10 trails ranging from 5 minute to 20 minute runs. The ATV/Jeep trails in the area offer about 150 miles. Look for the DH trail head where trail 24 intersects P1 (paved 1). The Windmill trails start near the intersection of G4 and T6. You going to be here on a weekend? If so, you can hook up with a local and they can show you the trails.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Butch , the race flyer is for a timetrail UP to the windmills:shocked:not down the DH trail and thats on friday.
Saturday is the XC 100 mile race which requires no shuttle.
DH riding is open all weekend as usual but there is no DH race this year.
Thats why no mention of shuttle.
I guess I was just bringing to attention that it should probably mention that the park pass they mention as being free for the DH trails with entry to the xc race doesn't include a shuttle to the top. No big deal.:redface:

But cool that they're giving you props.