Quantcast

some Sea Otter pics and highlights

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Been at SOC since Friday morning. Weather was awesome Friday and sucked today; rain all morning into windy-as-hell the rest of the day.
The forecast calls for 40MPH winds tomorrow!! :shocked:

Here's some pics. This is by no means a complete rundown of everything, just some stuff I saw.

The dirt jumps were b-i-g huge:

Dual slalom:

Nagaredama checks out a cut-out Roco TST:

Kenda has free beer at 3 every day:

Big berm at the bottom of a bumpy-ass waterfall:

a gopher that decided to poach the DS course:

Lee McCormack of www.leelikesbikes.com (did pretty damn well):

Kris Kovarik:

Peaty vs. Leov:

Gracia, was doing great on pervious runs until he fell and got knocked out:

Lopes:

Rachel Atherton, did really well for her first DS:

Rennie (or as the announcer kept pronouncing it, "Reenie"):

Didn't get any shots of Sam Hill, got knocked out kinda early. Graves was doing really well too but somehow couldn't nail any photos of him either, same for Hannah (who won even after the announcer said said it was Graves).

We've been passing by the Yeti booth quite a bit, supposedly they're unveiling a new scaled version of the 303 but they're being very hush hush. When we asked a mechanic on Friday about it he said with a smirk, "Hmm, I dunno, maybe tomorrow..." We didn't see anything today so we'll check back in the morning.

That's all for now. DH is tomorrow morning so I'll post the good shots I get sometime tomorrow or Monday.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Like I said:
...same for Hannah (who won even after the announcer said said it was Graves)...
EDIT: The differential was something like .4 and it really didn't look like he got it so the announcer said "He didn't do it, its Graves! Graves wins!!" All the cameras start shooting Graves and Hannah looked understandably disappointed. A few seconds go by and the announcer says, "Oh wait, oh my god, he did it! Hannah wins! HANNAH WINS!!" Hannah throws his hands in the air and all the cameras swarm him. It was kinda glorious but I felt pretty bad for Graves.