Quantcast

Some pics from Whistler this weekend

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Spent the weekend in Whistler teaching the gf to ride. She had a great time and even accidentally got both tires off the ground. :thumb:

I got a few runs down Detroit, Joyride, Fench Connection and the CO course. It was a great weekend until my buddy blew up on upper Joyride and broke his collar bone.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Heh...I took a buddy of mine up there for his first time riding on Friday and Saturday....we didn't break any collarbones though...(broke mine 8 months ago on the roadie).

Hope I didn't try to run you guys over (huge dude on an orange Rotec charging down crank it up over and over with first timer in tow...)

If she had fun, you're in.

:):D;)

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
That gap is on the Canadian Open course on the lower half of the mountain. I'm on the Evil. That was my buddies first ride on the 2010 Flatline.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Lower....it's part of the Canadian Open course. You take a right about 100 feet into Clown Shoes to get there. Right under the lift. Can't miss it.
That gap is on the Canadian Open course on the lower half of the mountain. I'm on the Evil. That was my buddies first ride on the 2010 Flatline.
Gosh. I'm pretty sure I've never turned there. Guess it's a priority for me if I get up there this summer.

I'm building a Revolt soon. How do you like it there?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Gosh. I'm pretty sure I've never turned there. Guess it's a priority for me if I get up there this summer.

I'm building a Revolt soon. How do you like it there?
Its an awesome course; definitely make it a priority. I looked at it once on Saturday and just rolled into it on Sunday. A little Kodak courage never hurt anybody. LOL

I love my Revolt. The faster you ride the better it feels.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
how could it be on garbo, given the fact the photos are from last weekend and garbo isn't open?
Yeah, I'm dumb. Kinda realized it had to be lower mountain since there aren't any trails under the upper lift anyway. Since I'm 14 hours away, I also haven't been paying attention to what's open yet anyway... :nerd:

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Not only is Whistler, like, a gazillion times better than N*, but it opens a month earlier - even though it's 14 hours further north. No fair. :(

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Not only is Whistler, like, a gazillion times better than N*, but it opens a month earlier - even though it's 14 hours further north. No fair. :(
I live a 12 hour drive away from Whistler. We loaded the 1 ton diesel and pinned it thru the night.

I can't wait for the other parks to open. Gotta hit Sun Peaks again this year.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Yah we got a few other goofy ones. Had to keep things interesting on B-line and Crank it up.

How did you kill your frame on it? Come up short or overshot it?
Came up short the first time I hit it, followed some other guy into it thinking I was going fast enough but clearly wasn't, landed in that big rut above the landing, bottomed out so hard I swore I saw stars. Highly don't recommend doing that.