Quantcast

Some Bike Rack Help Please

Mojo

Chimp
Jan 28, 2012
Hi, Im having trouble finding a bike rack to fit my Tallboy due to the shorter TT. I need to use a rack that mounts to the trunk of a car. All my current racks the posts are too wide to fit the frame, anyone know of a rack with more narrow post mounts?

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Kuat makes a three bike rack that is narrower than some I think. I could get my small Blur LT on there. A bit fiddly getting the rubber bit through the frame and cables and under the shock, but doable. The other are went under the downtube. But, the bits on the rack that held the bike were a hard plastic and I scratched a number of frames and the rear shock shaft before I realized it and padded it up. The Kuat is a hitch mount though. Maybe one of those suction cup types http://www.seasucker.com/landing_sep09/SS_BikeRackCatalogWEB.pdf will work for you?

shiggy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2006
PDX
Hi, Im having trouble finding a bike rack to fit my Tallboy due to the shorter TT. I need to use a rack that mounts to the trunk of a car. All my current racks the posts are too wide to fit the frame, anyone know of a rack with more narrow post mounts?
Run one arm (post) under the TT and the other under the seatstays.