Quantcast

Solo thanks giving dinner suggestions?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Pot smoking hippie got 3 turkeys and a pheasant. He was going for squirrels?? I traded 2 quarts of moonshine brandy for a Turkey and the pheasant. I win....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Any fucking thing you want. And rejoice in your solo-osity...some day you to may be saddled with a retarded family of in laws that make you pray for a deployment to a combat zone.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If I could reproduce the brown gravy that goes on proper poutine. I would surely put it on the table for the holiday. That is unpossible however. The one thing I cannot seem to perfect is my gravy. Always sub par, I burn the rolls every year also.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In Quebec they have a dinner called Hot Chicken. Which is like a Hot Turkey and gravy sandwich served with fries and with Poutine Gravy on all of it. The Pirate restaurant I go to get this dish makes the best. It is the best thing they make in Quebec. I get it every time I go to Montreal. That and Bagels. Best Bagels in the world are in Montreal. Period.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
go eat yer damn cold cut combo & cry in your diet pepsi like jared!!!!!
(not sure who that is directed at)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Buy a 12 pack of Genny Cream and make some Ortega Tacos. Eat all of them. Then finish off the rest of 12 pack. Smoke some pot also. Really it will help. Take a nap and then get up and get more beer. Finish the evening up with smoking more pot and playing darts in the basement with your lame ass friends. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
While I lot my lady friend, I'm still not a huge fan of her family and do not look forward to thanksgiving with them and hope to get out of xmas with them. But I doubt I will get to miss either this year, yay.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Have been voluntold that I should appear at the unit Thanksgiving party/meal. Just what I want to do, celebrate a holiday I hate with a bunch of people that I almost hate...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In Quebec they have a dinner called Hot Chicken. Which is like a Hot Turkey and gravy sandwich served with fries and with Poutine Gravy on all of it. The Pirate restaurant I go to get this dish makes the best. It is the best thing they make in Quebec. I get it every time I go to Montreal. That and Bagels. Best Bagels in the world are in Montreal. Period.
Don't forget Nate's smoked meat. I think that's one of my "desert island" foods. Also, ever had a galvaude at Ashton's in Quebec city?! mmmmmmmmm

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Don't forget Nate's smoked meat. I think that's one of my "desert island" foods. Also, ever had a galvaude at Ashton's in Quebec city?! mmmmmmmmm
I am Anglo I always eat my Poutine with peas. I have been to Nates in Ottawa, its good.... But Schwartz's is much better. It just sucks to go there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am Anglo I always eat my Poutine with peas. I have been to Nates in Ottawa, its good.... But Schwartz's is much better. It just sucks to go there.
Holy schitt. my brain really is fried as a result of his cold (and most likely these meds!). I absolutely meant Schwartz's. Nates sucks donkeys balls by comparison. actually, there is no comparison. There is no other smoked meat than Schwartz's.... everything else pales in comparison.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Holy schitt. my brain really is fried as a result of his cold (and most likely these meds!). I absolutely meant Schwartz's. Nates sucks donkeys balls by comparison. actually, there is no comparison. There is no other smoked meat than Schwartz's.... everything else pales in comparison.
Since you live in Ottawa you should try Kettlemans. Get the smoked meat Rueben. Top notch stuff. Egg, cheese, and smoked meat on a bagel breakfast sandwich. The salmon is so much better then anything in Montreal.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Since you live in Ottawa you should try Kettlemans. Get the smoked meat Rueben. Top notch stuff. Egg, cheese, and smoked meat on a bagel breakfast sandwich. The salmon is so much better then anything in Montreal.
no sauerkraut? how can it be a Rueben without sauerkraut?!!! But yeah... Kettlemans make decent bagels. Not St Viateur, but decent...