Quantcast

Sol Vista MTB Nationals - Pics Thread

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
Some pics from Pro DH Practice today... Enjoy!

Sol Vista Sand

Sweet Flatty over the camel hump triple

Gwin is pinned!

Rock Garden is gnarly, but it's over quickly too

Massive amounts of dirt moved for the berms and jumps

Melissa Buel was shredding these berms

Rampage? All I know is it's sweet seeing the Pros send it!

Evil team Pro Kyle Thomas first run over the big gap

And Evil JnrX rider Adam Ransavage hitting it too

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Wow. Course looks even better in action versus the course walk with Wentz. It looks like it has everything and requires lots of timing to work out. Can't wait to watch live streaming.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
That pic of the rock garden looks like a few local Utar boys. Craner (canfield/Cafe Rio) and Sean Richins. Nice shot.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
May 30, 2005
A$$pen
excellent vids! thanks for sharing.

Is it just me or is gwin looking way faster through pretty much everything? in the day 1 vid he looked slow and clunky compared to everybody, and in the day 2 vid, it looked like he was mashing twice as fast with way more flow then anybody. Can't wait to see how it pans out. Looking forward to the live feed.
Gwin has how many top 5s at World Cups? And the rest of the field has how many top 10s?

zzsean

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
Boulder, CO
One of my favorites from my camera today, simply because Chris Boice is psyched and excited despite being unable to race himself.

A couple of others.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
What was/is amazing is the section after this with a ton of speed: Hipped double, berm, berm, berm, large tripple. The fast guys just bounced from berm to berm. Freakin nutz.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hmmm...since you're in that general neighborhood, mind looking for #729? AFAIK our start order was according to number, if that helps.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Yea, we should have at least one of everyone that raced / practiced. Lots of them but here are two. Originals are 5184 x 3456, cat1 should all be uploaded to our smugmug gallery within a few hours

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
You were probably getting ready to pedal, Mr. 2.34! Nice time, you beat my old men with asthma class fo sho. At this point I was ready to whip out my inhaler!

Awesome shots! You guys always do a great job...in case you didn't know. Props on the vids, too!