Quantcast

So, where is the Evil Bikes Interbike report?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
"Secret Location" and "they will text you". Saw some of their soon to be official agents running around, but all was silent on the Evil front. The "real" show only starts today though.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Should be a very productive I-Bike for them. As soon as they get some down time, I'm sure they'll come out of the Bat Cave for a talk and some drinks... :biggrin:

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
supposedly, a milfy soccer mom is running evil bikes, now. she's not all that qualified, so evil is being very restrictive with press access....no interviews, no questions and no writers will be allowed access to the press release.

i guess they're only allowing 1 or 2 photographers and a pre-approved video crew to shuffle through the room, but they've only got 40 seconds to get in, snap some shots, then GTFO.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
supposedly, a milfy hockey mom is running evil bikes, now. she's not all that qualified, so evil is being very restrictive with press access....no interviews, no questions and no writers will be allowed access to the press release.

i guess they're only allowing 1 or 2 photographers and a pre-approved video crew to shuffle through the room, but they've only got 40 seconds to get in, snap some shots, then GTFO.
Plus she wears lipstick and can see Russian from her house.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
supposedly, a milfy soccer mom is running evil bikes, now. she's not all that qualified, so evil is being very restrictive with press access....no interviews, no questions and no writers will be allowed access to the press release.

I don't know about you but I don't think Kevin is much of a MILF...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Good for Thomas, he deserved a ride badly! I still can't believe Rocky let him go after all those years when he still has a lot of career left in him.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
My parents came to visit me once in Seattle. I brought them to 38 to show them the new sport I had discovered. So we're on the JW trail, (when the exit onto the JW was still straight down). Kevin came down, attempted a nose wheelie, and went over the bars and landed at my dad's feet. It was funny.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Agreed, great luck to be able to pick up Vanderhaam. That's a ****-ton of riding experience, lots of street-cred, and from what I can tell a hell of an ambassador. Maybe not filming the new school lines these days, but will be able to give Evil fantastic feedback on their new line.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
so just a sp link bike w/ a bit of adjustability (vaguely commencal-esque)? seems a bit anticlimactic, actually. i was expecting something like a carbon nanotech gearbox based on reverse engineered alien technology with all the smoke & secrecy. looks good, however.

Apr 16, 2006
Golden, CO
so just a sp link bike w/ a bit of adjustability (vaguely commencal-esque)? seems a bit anticlimactic, actually. i was expecting something like a carbon nanotech gearbox based on reverse engineered alien technology with all the smoke & secrecy. looks good, however.
Actually it looks like just a regular single pivot. Looks like a floating shock, Bottom of shock is driven by swingarm like normal and the top portion is a reiteration of his reverse moto-link.... maybe? Main pivot is similar position to oh say a pre-dwlink turner dhr... If its a floating shock, it would make sense he can adjust it for any leverage ratio rather easily, as well as geometry like is stated in the "Tech crap" section.

Last edited:

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
i'm not convinced it a single pivot. hopefully that picture is hiding something. cuz right now it sure looks like a single pivot. which would make me laugh.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
crazy SP!

it's difficult to tell what's going on, but it looks like the shock mounts just behind the main pivot. and then, in front of the main pivot, the swing arm pulls down on that triangular bell crank, which compresses the shock from the front mount as well. so, both shock mounts are moving in response to the swing arm. thus, provided there are front and rear mounting options for the shock, this would allow the user to adjust i2i and leverage ratios, couple that with an adjustable headtube and you've got some geometry and leverage options.

Edit: MobileChernoble beat me to the punch...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Actually it looks like just a regular single pivot. Looks like a floating shock, Bottom of shock is driven by swingarm like normal and the top portion is a reiteration of his reverse moto-link.... maybe? Main pivot is similar position to oh say a pre-dwlink turner dhr... If its a floating shock, it would make sense he can adjust it for any leverage ratio rather easily, as well as geometry like is stated in the "Tech crap" section.
definitely looks like a floating shock. should be interesting.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
[strikethrough]I speculate that it has a short dogbone link that is vertical from what looks like the single pivot point to a frame pivot near the BB and the at the upper link is from the front of the swingarm to the trailing point of the triangle and actuates the shock/spring. This would give the possibility of a wheel path that is basicly described as an arc around the "single pivot" like point and in the event of a square edged hit the wheel can move back and up. Chain tension will keep the suspension pulled up tight against the frame.

Again this is wild speculation and conjecture based on the one picture I've seen on the internet and a disbelief that DW would settle for a single pivot bike.[/strikethrough]

My wild speculation has been corrected by Transcend.

Single pivots FTW!

Last edited:

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
kinda looks like a reverse (and more compact, obviously) variation of the nicolai mpire. ie, dual pull rods actuating the triangular shock link (assuming the bottom shock mount that we can't see is fixed). though i'd assume there's more to it if there's patent action going on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read the tech section... basically the goal of the design was to allow for adjustable frame geometry without sacrificing wheel path or suspension performance. Makes sense judging by the head tube, which looks like its gonna be the adjustable style.

Mr Weagle has been a very busy man.

This is one bike I definitely wanna ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Also, the color scheme of their website makes my eyes hurt. White text on black background is a no-no from a web design standpoint (too much contrast). Then throwing the bright yellow is just some salt in my already burning retinas. No offense to evil, but it just needs to be toned down a touch.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
I have to try a standard singel pivot again to get my feet back on the ground.